The elusive CA1499

WhiteHot

Enlightened
So the CA1499 is pretty much my favorite bulb in a Mag 2C with either 3x123's or 2x18650's (protected). I have 2 of them but I would really like some more. From some of the recent threads, it seems that others would like to buy them as well.

So here is the question: Does anyone have an order of these bulbs pending with Carley? If the answer is no, then I may be willing to try to deal with them to get some for everyone. I just dont want to deal with all of the Carley drama if someone else is already going to do it and I really dont want to end up with dozens of CA1499's.

litho123

Enlightened
Hi WhiteHot -

The Carley 1499 and 1057 bulbs are straight Xenon bulbs which blacken up inside with use. I'm talking with Carley about filling them with Xenon/Halogen to get the cleaning effect of the halogen cycle.

In addition, I'm talking about getting some of them in the bi-pin form as well as frosted form.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega might have some frosted ones. They're not going to throw as far, because they are completey frosted, but the beam will be incredibly smooth.

WhiteHot

Enlightened
litho123 said:
Hi WhiteHot -

The Carley 1499 and 1057 bulbs are straight Xenon bulbs which blacken up inside with use. I'm talking with Carley about filling them with Xenon/Halogen to get the cleaning effect of the halogen cycle.

In addition, I'm talking about getting some of them in the bi-pin form as well as frosted form.

Sounds great. Any idea of the time frame? I guess I will just stand by then. What I really want is a bi-pin version of something 1499 ish to fit in a Kiu high temp socket. I have a socket just begging to be installed in a 2C but havent found a bulb I like yet. I think that the pin spacing of the 1499 would be too tight for the socket though...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
1499ish bi-pin would be good. I forgot who showed the picture of the 1499, but when I finally saw it I wanted to try it something with a 29mm bezel.

I can't seem to find lamps that are that small or smaller. If we can start finding tiny filiments with high current capability maybe we can start cobbling together a whole new group of HotWires.

not2bright

Enlightened
litho123,

I would be in for some PR2 1499, clear or partial frost, especially if you get them to add Halogen. I am thinking 4-6 of them.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Count me in also, I seem to have gotten into something I can't escape!

I haven't tried the 1499 or the 1057 but I want to.......

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for at least a couple 1499's if they maintain specs. Halogen fill is a bonus.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pokerstud -

Check the date. I've necro-posted to a thread I've found while searching. No big.

It's fun to watch these litho123 group buys though. Everytime he does one a new group of folks report on the lamps and then more folks want them. Sometimes totally new Hotwires are the result.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of 1499 halogen PR clear lamps that I bought from lith123's last sale. They're just sitting in a drawer, and as long as Wolf Eyes keeps offering up such affordable great lights, I may never build a Mag 2C mod...but then again, I might. A 1499 is like a rent-controlled apartment in New York; if you have one, you don't casually give it up.