Aunoc AAAA Stainless Steel flashlight

AlanP

Newly Enlightened
:wow: Just found it for sale on Lighthound's website. Looks gorgeous! I couldn't resist and have just ordered one. Oh my oh my, what will the other half say..........

(mmm......maybe she doesn't have to see it..........yet)

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I just happened to order some AAAA's by accident a few weeks ago. I just might have to get one of these so I can use 'em! :)

- Chris

AlanP

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Jon before I ordered and this is what he had to say about it.......

"The Aunoc AAAA light is INCREDIBLE. I have not had a chance to test it fully, but I think that the output is comparable to the latest version Arc AAA Premium edition, but from a smaller light. The fit and finish is AMAZING, they do really great work. It comes in a stainless steel presentation box that is about 1.5 cm tall, 3.5 cm wide, and 10 cm long...really top-notch stuff."

Expensive I know. Is it worth the bucks? Who cares :naughty:

Ben H

Enlightened
That does look awesome! I look forward to hearing more about this light.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does look gorgeous, but I feel like half of that price is what I'd be willing to pay.

I'd also like to see some runtime stats, since AAAAs have even less capacity than the already wimpy AAA. If its as bright as the new Arc AAA, I wouldn't expect much over an hour or two at close to full brightness.

rdshores

Enlightened
How about a picture of it next to an ARC AAA? Also, it says it's type ll hard anodized....isn't that strange for a stainless steel light?

phatalbert

Enlightened
Man! I was so excited to see a aaaa light but so dissapointed to see the price. :mecry:

Edit: did some research, a 1 watt by the same company has been discussed on cpf. Heres the website for the company:http://www.aunoc.com/home.asp The led is a nichia.

Looks like they sell a lot of pricey dive stuff, and looks like we need a GroupBuy!!! :broke:

Last edited:

jacques

Newly Enlightened
I think Quickbeam got one and the review is pending, so I will keep my eyes on this little baby.

phatalbert

Enlightened
jacques said:
I think Quickbeam got one and the review is pending, so I will keep my eyes on this little baby.

No kidding? Thats cool. Im hoping he's going to review the Black Diamond Spot. :popcorn:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Rdshores, It doesn't say anything about anodizing. Where are you getting that from?

I don't get why these companies can't do a little knurling on these stainless steel lights. To me a straight smooth body on the light is boring and is too slippery. Tha tis my chief complaint about my Peak stainless AAA light. Too plain and too slippery. I make a stainless whistle with heavy knurling so I know it is no big deal to do....

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
wonder what the 1watt is like. It's about the same length as a ARC AAA. VDG

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
(smirk) If they did knurling, you'd have someone posting "I don't get why these companies won't make a stainless steel light without knurling. To me one of the best reasons for SS is that i can give it a mirror polish." I agree on a dive light grip is more important than looks, but you'd use a lanyard anyway, so it's not much of an issue.

Peter Atwood said:
I don't get why these companies can't do a little knurling on these stainless steel lights. To me a straight smooth body on the light is boring and is too slippery. Tha tis my chief complaint about my Peak stainless AAA light.