Opinions of Streamlight Task-Light 2L3W?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at it and have some questions. Is it really about 80 lumens? Does anyone have any idea where it is made? How is the beam, does it have donut holes? I hope not. I've seen it online for about 66 bucks not bad. Well, fire away!

LouRoy

Enlightened
I have had this light for awhile. I got it for the two levels of light and to put it in the car. Let me go test it on the wall....

I just compared the 2L on high to my HDS Basic42 on high (42 lumens). The 2L is definitely brighter, but whether it is 80 lumens I cannot say.

On high, the 2L is at least as bright as my Lioncub on high, but I don't really know how many lumens the Lioncub puts out. On Cones review site, he says the Lioncub may put out around 75 lumens.

On low, the 2L is not as bright as the HDS on primary (10 lumens), but brighter than the HDS on secondary (3 lumens). I would guess that the 2L is around 5 lumens or a bit more.

The 2L has a slightly smaller hot spot and slightly less spill than the HDS.

The build quality is good, it feels good in the hand, and I know that Streamlight will fix it if you have any problems.

Hope this helps!

LouRoy

Enlightened
Just looked at your other questions-- I think it is made in China. The beam is pretty good and the color is bright white. No donut holes, but some faint artifacts in the spill if you are wall hunting.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2L3W and it is a descent(real good) thrower. In the review on FlashlightReviews website it is mentioned that while in low mode it flickers. Mine does not flicker!

Dave

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 2L, 3W

dsc013048sg.jpg

dsc013054wk.jpg

Taken at 7", High setting.

dsc013061pi.jpg

Taken at 7", Low setting. This picture is deceiving. In real life the low setting seems about one third as bright as the high setting.

dsc013075fx.jpg

Taken at 72", High setting.

dsc013083ka.jpg

Taken at 72", Low setting.

dsc013092bs.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tint of the 2L, 3W is very white, with average sidepill.

The beam has junk and artifacts in it.

I don't think the beam is putting out 80 lumens. ( I just put in new Surefire Batteries. )

The 2L cycles fron high to low then to off.

The build quality is good.

The 2L uses a plastic lens. My lens has scratches on it. This is the way I received the light.

The reflector has partial texture on it.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dukester said:
I have the 2L3W and it is a descent(real good) thrower. In the review on FlashlightReviews website it is mentioned that while in low mode it flickers. Mine does not flicker!

Dave
Try waving your hand in front of the light in a dark room.

Mark2

Enlightened
The 2L3W is made in China, output is probably not 80 lumens but not bad either, maybe 50-60 lumens. The "flicker" on low is slower, i.e. more noticeable than on other lights that use pulsing for dimming.

Wrangler

Enlightened
I own this light and it`s a winner!
Very bright on high with decent throw and good runtime. (80lms? May be 50-60 ! But it i s bright!)
Very useful and l o n g running light on low mode.
Very good build quality, waterresistant (don`t think it`s waterproof, but I don`t know.) And all in all a v e r y nice light!

The o n l y reason I don`t use it that much, I use lights with rechargeables most of the time.
The TaskLight 2-L 3W can be run off 17670`s, but on reduced output only!

It`s definitely worth a try !!!

Wolfgang

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
Wrangler said:
The TaskLight 2-L 3W can be run off 17670`s, but on reduced output only!
Wolfgang
I use the Pila 168s in my 2L and it work very well. I haven't notice any
reduction in the light output. A great light. I keep it in my truck as a
general use and backup light.

LouRoy

Enlightened
Pwdrkeg said:
I use the Pila 168s in my 2L and it work very well. I haven't notice any
reduction in the light output. A great light. I keep it in my truck as a
general use and backup light.

Pwdrkeg,

My 2L3W will not light up at all with a freshly charged Pila 168s. Have you done any modifications to make this work? Is your 2L the one with the 3w Luxeon or do you have the TwinTask model?

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
LouRoy said:
Pwdrkeg,
My 2L3W will not light up at all with a freshly charged Pila 168s. Have you done any modifications to make this work? Is your 2L the one with the 3w Luxeon or do you have the TwinTask model?
LouRoy,

I had to install a plastic disc with a peace of think aluminum (soda can)
bent and mounted in the center to extend the positive contact out a bit.
It appears that the positive contact at the bezel end is slightly recessed
and will not make contact with the Pila terminal. This worked well for me
and I haven't noticed any loss of power. .................... :candle:

Last edited: