Anyone here listen to Coast to Coast AM?

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone here listen to Coast to Coast AM? I work midnights and I love the show. I really like the practical and realistic things they talk about. My faorite guest is Richard Hoagland.
I hope Mars has all "they" say it has.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I listen to it every night...

... Through the tooth-radio implants the CIA bribed my dentist to put in there while I was sedated.

Seriously though. Mars has no walls, roads, faces or pyramids. If by some fantastical chance any kind of artifact borne of inteligent construction is there, it hasn't been seen by NASA yet.

And if NASA had seen something, you can bet your firstborn child they'd be screaming it from the rooftops. Can you imagine what kind of budget money NASA would get if they could prove there were "ruins" on Mars? Even if fed.gov men in black suits, sporting ear-bud speakers and sleeve microphones, with Ray-Ban sunglasses told them to "shut up", the desire to leak would be just too great.

NASA even went out of thier way to send thier most recent probes over the "Face" to take better pictures. All there was is an eroded mesa that has just the right shapes to make the face in shadow in the original fuzzy 70's Viking pictures. Of course, NASA just "Faked" the new pictures... (sigh)

If there was even a hint of any kind of ruins on Mars, there would be McDonalds and Starbucks up there to serve the army of astronaut-archeologists we'd have sent there by now...

Richard Hogland is all about three things: Richard Hogland, selling Richard Hogland's books, and Richard Hogland's speaking fees.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Being kind of a night-owl I've been a fan of Coast to Coast for some time. I miss hearing Art Bell, except for those rare weekend appearances. Many times I've hung the little speaker on my ear, set the sleep timer, and faded away to stories of aliens, bigfoot, ghosts, and Richard C. Hoagland.

Geoff

Empath

Flashaholic
Geddinight said:
I really like the practical and realistic things they talk about. My faorite guest is Richard Hoagland.

Wow! you need to pack a few more words between "practical and realistic", and "Hoagland". Something doesn't feel right there.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back about ten - twelve years ago I listened to it fairly regularly. Usually a bunch of nonsense with an occasional nugget of gold in it. Nonetheless, with Art Bell hosting, it was usually pretty good entertainment, and a few little chills and thrills if you let your imagination run free. Especially great to listen to while driving down a lonely road at night.

My favorite guest was Malachai Martin, but there were several other good ones back then.

I tune in every once in a while now if I have absolutely nothing better to do.... Can rarely last more than 5-10 minutes because what I'm hearing strikes me as just silly... and not even entertaining. Maybe it is is a wonderful, entertaining and realistic show most of the time, and I just tune in at the wrong times...

Last edited:

Brock

Flashaholic
One night they even talked about some guy from California who had a car he drove all over and it was charged from the sun, imagine that...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, since 97. Anyone remember the backwards speech guy, bob lazar or the dec 7 death star thing Hoagland talked about?

I think no one paid Hoagland the attention due for discovering those tubes under the surface of mars and the UFO setting on the ledge.

If you are in the US you can get xm sat radio and get him crystal clear.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
"The backwards speech guy?" What was that about?

I've only listened to Coast-to-Coast when driving to/from some nighttime "maintenance window" work. I agree with Silviron about the nonsense with an occasional nugget of gold within. I enjoyed hearing Art Bell's voice though; he's got a good set of pipes.

Fruitjacknix

Newly Enlightened
Art Bell is missed. I used to listen to the show but I tapered off when Bell left! Great stuff though and excellent to have weird dreams while listening and sleeping. Good Things, Michael

scooter

Newly Enlightened
Art Bell's program kept me going through many graveyard shifts. I rarely bother now though since George Noory seems the definition of boring.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to listen to it occasionally over 25 years ago when I worked graveyard shift but it kind of blew my mind. I thought I was having acid flashbacks from my wayward youth in the '60's so I stopped listening. Seriously, I thought Art Bell and his audience were nuts and that the show had to be "tongue-in-cheek". When I started listening with that perspective, the show became a great comedy show and I had many a belly laugh in the middle of the night.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
David Oats, the reverse speech guy. He would record speeches and play them backwards to discover what the folks were really saying. He had a falling out with art bell about the time he first retired when his son was abused by a local high school teacher. Opps, am I allowed to say that?

Hilly Rose had his own show on Sirius and the web on their radio link, www.fatemag.com or www.fatemag.org Quite a few past hosts had their own show on Sirius sat radio, but they did not become that popular.