Anyone have a Radio Shack portable PIR alarm?

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a shot in the dark, but I have one that stopped working, RS Model 49-425, and misplaced the owners manual. Radio Shack nicely includes a set of schematics in the back of their manuals, and I think this one had it, but it's gone missing.

The RS website doesn't have it available, so I was wondering if there was a small chance someone out there might have one of these, and by smaller chance, still have the manual.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
This Radio Shack link says the manual is not available, but under "Other Documents" there seems to be several applicable documents that may help? Perhaps you've looked at this page already?

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I did look through the links to those documents, but didn't see anything resembling a schematic; naturally the one item that's not available is what I'm looking for..

Furzork

Newly Enlightened
I have the manual but it doesn't show the schematic in it. I can scan it and send it to you.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Furzork said:
I have the manual but it doesn't show the schematic in it. I can scan it and send it to you.

Oh.. I was hoping it was one of the manuals that have the schematic in the back. I guess I'll just put it away in suspended animation until some point in the future when I find someone that was able to draw it out-

I did see that site where it was modified for various purposes; I'll check with him and see if maybe he reverse engineered it for further info-

Thanks guys-

Geologist

Enlightened
Call your local store - if the manager is any good - he can contact the regional RS service center. They would have the info and maybe they would even provide it too you.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geologist said:
Call your local store - if the manager is any good - he can contact the regional RS service center. They would have the info and maybe they would even provide it too you.

I'll give that a try- it's just that this item is so old I figured they'd have little interest in it other than suggesting I buy something else. This was a neat little gizmo until it just up and died on me.