mags!!!!!

Spidey82

Enlightened
can anyone tell me how long can the mags and mini-mags last?? and does all bulb gives more yellowed light when age(too much usage)

I had a super mity lite, it was a bit over forcus and had been using it for 1++ yrs jus out of inspiration I figure out that if I were to pull out the base a bit(1~2mm) the beam is great. sharp and flawless.
just thought I could share wit u ppl who appreciate lights. Not too sure if it work with other pre-forcus lamp model

all inputs regarding the mags will be appreciated too.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mini-Mags use T1 bulbs. They come with vacuum bulbs from the factory. You can order xenon bulbs that fit the Mini-Mag from www.thebrinkmanncorp.com. It's the Nexstar bulb. Or you can get krypton bulbs from Radio Shack that fit also.

The filament residue collects on the bulb. This is what causes the brownish-yellow tint as it get's used. The gas filled bulbs recycles the filament residue back.

The C and D cell maglites have krypton bulbs from the factory. Even the premium bulb is krypton. You can get xenon bulbs from www.carleylamps.com. Their Xenon Star bulb is a direct replacement. The xenon gas has a more blueish-white tint to it compared to the krypton.

Both the Brinkmann and Carley should last longer than the factory bulbs. And have a whiter beam.

You can order the Brinkmann online. The Carley is a little harder to get. Ask Walt Welch if he can help you out. Or find if someone is making an order that you can get in on. They have a $50 minimum order policy.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have plenty of the xenon lamps for the C and D flashlights. The two AA and two AAA xenon lamps, which are special order, should be here soon. I will send some of the AA and AAA lamps to David and Brock for evaluation.

Cost is $3.50 C/D and $5 for AA/AAA.

Walt

Spidey82

Enlightened
i don't think u will want to sent a bulb or 2 to singapore cause it will not be easy to ship + there is no direct way to pay u.
u mean the mini-mags bult isn't krypton??
how abt the battery run time of them??

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Spidey82 on 12-17-2000 at 06:10 AM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I do indeed send Carley lamps to other countries. I do not charge anything for the postage or the lamps, feeling that it is just good foreign relations. Let me know what you would like. Walt

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Walt,

Please advise if those bulbs for 2AA works well with NiMH batteries. I don't use Alkaline AA since its voltage drops so fast on bright lamp.

By the way, do you carry higher output bulb that fit Streamlight 4AA.

TIA

Alan Chan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, Walt, I would like to buy a 3-D cell and a 6-D cell carley Xenon bulb off of you if you still have some left. [email protected]
Thanks

JB

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I do indeed send Carley lamps to other countries. I do not charge anything for the postage or the lamps, feeling that it is just good foreign relations. Let me know what you would like. Walt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're a good man Walt.

I've been thinking about the Carleys for my 3D Maglite but they aren't available here in Malaysia.
frown.gif