Surefire price increase?

Kershaw

Enlightened
Yesterday i was watching my father rid his kitchen of ants and for the first i notice that the flashlight he was using to look for ants was a surefire Z2, i asked him were he got it and said his detective buddy of his(he is a detective for the Tucson police department) owned a tactical supply store, when i asked how much he payed for it he said 45 dollars. He purchased it 3 years ago. Did surefire greatly increase their price in the past couple of years, or did he just get an amazing deal on the Z2?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well he got it for $45.00? ! Seeing that the SureFire Z2 is going for around $80.00~$90.00 I'd say that is a good price! ! ! The G2Z goes for around $75.00~85.00. His friend gives your father an EXCELLENT price break I'd say!

WDR65

Enlightened
I heard from a friend that there is possibly gonna be a price drop instead of a rise this year but don't quote me on this. Also the going price at a local law enforcement supply store is about $70 for a Z2.

nc987

Enlightened
Some Surefire lights are coming down in price after Dec 31st while others are going up. 10x Dominator is going down to 450 dollars and the A2 will be rising to over 200 to name a few off the top of my head. Also Surefire batteries are supposed to be increasing to something like 21 dollars for a 12 pack if i recall correctly.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kershaw said:
Yesterday i was watching my father rid his kitchen of ants and for the first i notice that the flashlight he was using to look for ants was a surefire Z2, i asked him were he got it and said his detective buddy of his(he is a detective for the Tucson police department) owned a tactical supply store, when i asked how much he payed for it he said 45 dollars. He purchased it 3 years ago. Did surefire greatly increase their price in the past couple of years, or did he just get an amazing deal on the Z2?

A few years back Surefire dcided to set a pricing policy of forcing retail vendors to sell at retail price to combat price war on their products, if you look through the forums you'll see a lot of threads on this topic. Before that you oculd get a SF for as low as 60 percentof the retail prcie from some retailers and over the internet.

As far as the pricing of batteries go, if they sell the 12 for 21 bucks, it's going ot be the end of SF batts for me, I hope not.