BRIGHTEST??????

vicki

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys & dolls
just stummbled across your forum, im a female bouncer in london, i was using a surefire 6p as ive lost my through to a slight scuffle, im asking your advise which one do you think not to big, same size as my surefire if i had it.and if so price?would be a great help also if you know anyone selling any surefire 6p cheap i would also appreciate that too. thanks

meat

Newly Enlightened
A Surefire G2 is just as bright as a 6P, but it has a tough plastic/nylon housing rather than aluminum and a Lexan window rather than Pyrex, so it is cheaper. This may fit the bill.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Scorpian and TL-2 are alternatives from Streamlight that will also fit the bill, both are comparably sized, and they feature the ability to adjust the beam and use a lower cost bulb rather than a bulb reflector assembly.

vicki said:
Hi guys & dolls
just stummbled across your forum, im a female bouncer in london, i was using a surefire 6p as ive lost my through to a slight scuffle, im asking your advise which one do you think not to big, same size as my surefire if i had it.and if so price?would be a great help also if you know anyone selling any surefire 6p cheap i would also appreciate that too. thanks

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be sure to look around the LED forum and maybe flashlightreviews.com. A lot of folks prefer LEDs to incandescents such as your Surefire. The LEDs don't break when drop and basically never burn out. Also, they usually get more runtime before a battery change than incandescents.

What is your comfortable price range?

And welcome to CPF!
wink2.gif

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Vicki-

Welcome to CPF.

If your 6P gave you the amount and type of light you needed, stick with it.
Surefires are as tough and reliable as anything.

I can second meat's recommendation for a G2. Basically the same light, but plastic housing. It's a little lighter but much cheaper. About $30. Comes in a number of colors too. The yellow might be easier to find in a dark area if you get separated from it.

Find them on eBay or at a number of dealers in the UK. You might want to consider adding a lanyard like the Z33. They are break away, so if someone gets ahold of it it will let go. Might help you keep your light.

Never knew a female bouncer before. Maybe I need to get out more huh?

Mark

BlueGerbil

Newly Enlightened
I´d have a look @ the SureFire E2D Defender - I like the clickie switch and it fits my hands just right.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a rechargeable option in the same general size, try the Streamlight Strion. It uses a li-ion battery that won't discharge on you, and it throws like the ****ens. Depends how much you use your light.

:wave:

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Pelican M6, cheap, throws well, and has good light output. As well, if you need a little bit larger light for long term lighting, a propolymer 4aa luxeon will take 4 aa batteries and fits quite nicely in the back pocket. It is also very cheap.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Vicki

I also suggest you get a G2.
I'm not a bouncer and I'm not a Police Officer but I'd seriously doubt the E2d is appropriate for your job.

The G2 is about £28-£30
http://niton999.co.uk
http://www.heinnie.com
http://www.tacticaltorches.com/

I've personal experience of buying from Niton. Very professional, very fast.

Please let us know what you decide and what you think of your new torch once it arrives!

Best regards,

Al

P.S.
It is quite normal for there to be female 'bouncers' here in the UK in my experience. I've never met a bouncer carrying a flashlight, let alone a SureFire though. :rock: