Quick stinger/Ultrastinger question

Grog

Enlightened
Can the standard (slow) Stinger charger charge the Ultrastinger. The standard Stinger is 3.6v vs the Ultrastinger at 6v.

If it can, does it do it in the same time.

I've e-mailed Streamlight a few weeks ago and not gotten a response

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
Yes. It even notes it in the US manual. They are the exact same charger. It should charge in approx. the same time (Slow
smile.gif
) since they use the same cells...

Grog

Enlightened
Ok I wasn't sure if I just wanted to get an Ultrastinger only or get one with an AC charger.

Between my two Streamlights I can one AC cord and two DC cords so I might order it w/AC just to make sure I have a working cord (spare).

I'll have to do some price checking. Thanks

redbird

Enlightened
We have 2 stingers, 1 poly stinger and the UltraStinger and they all use the same charger with no problems. I use both the 110 and the 12v depending on the application we are using the light for.

I saved a lot of money by just buying the UltraStinger and no charger. You will be very happy with your new light
grin.gif
smile.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
So they must have voltage dropping circuit built into the light itself. I have a US that came with 2 chargers, & would like to get the smaller stinger. I would have never guessed they used the same charger, due to the voltage difference. TX