Boy is my wife mad at me

pgk

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Lupine Otto X headlight led/incan. 120 lumens/ 500 lumens a Orb Raw and a Surefire L4 all in one week. The Surefire is supposed to be a present, the Orb a new toy and the Otto X will be traded in for the Wilma X LED that's rated at 380 lumens. That head light will come in handy for fall leaf clean up and any thing else I need to do at night. My wife asked me why I need all these darn lights and I told her that she just wouldn't understand. I can't wait until the visa bill shows up this month. :mad: I'm sorry but I'm going to have to stay clear from this web site you guys are gettin me in all kinds of trouble.. :) I can't wait for it to get dark!!

Pete

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife invariably refers to my tools as toys. But we keep separate bank accounts. The only time I get caught is when the box arrives and she gets home before I do. Last week I added my coworker's home to my list of PayPal delivery addresses. What else are friends for?

rmacias

Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
My wife invariably refers to my tools as toys. But we keep separate bank accounts. The only time I get caught is when the box arrives and she gets home before I do. Last week I added my coworker's home to my list of PayPal delivery addresses. What else are friends for?

"Last week I added my coworker's home to my list of PayPal delivery addresses."

ha..ha...that's a good one, I'm going to have to do the same. :grin2:

RJM

CLHC

Flashaholic
Lupines Eh! I must say Hey! Now That's Illuminating!

There's no way of turning back once you've got the lightning bug PGK!

Enjoy!

Nodak

Newly Enlightened
Nothing better then separate bank accounts, separate credit cards and shipping to work. I hardly ever get busted.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joint account for the bills and savings with a fixed amount going in FIRST every payday without fail.
Seperate accounts for FUN with whatever is left over.
She doesn't ask about my lights or lenses :whistle: She just says "neat light"
I don't ask about her shoes or jewelery :whistle: I just say "hey, that's pretty"

peace in the house :buddies: :naughty:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the above. However, I have tried to convince her that spontaneous generation is possible in the gun safe.

Makarov

Enlightened
BIGIRON said:
All the above. However, I have tried to convince her that spontaneous generation is possible in the gun safe.
I've been thinking about that too, if I get myself a HK93 maybe it'll mate with my HK91 and make a HK94 (or a BT96):naughty:

I know a guy who made the mistake of coming home with what his wife called a "shiny gun", now he can't buy anything else.
"No honey, that's the same shiny gun that you saw the last time":whistle:

My mother got a trick for getting new things into the house, especially shoes.
She buys a new pair and put them in the closet for a couple of months. When she finally uses them, and my dad ask if they're new, she just says that she's had them a long time. :grin2:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Thats OK, I have spent over $1000 this past month on lights, good thing I pay the bills!!! Damn this flashlight collecting is more expensive than golf!! I must say she loves the RR Lanterns I bought her and she was thrilled that our 4 kids had the brightest lights on halloween and they never dimmed ( 4AA Luxeon SL PP's)

Last edited:

*Bryan*

Enlightened
My wife and I share all the accounts. We both buy what we want. As long as the bills get paid, the saving account gets its share, kids college fund gets $$and there is food on the table, I can buy what I want.....

Of course, winning a poker tournament or doing sidework helps keep me in good graces as well...........

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My method may not be as funny as getting packages shipped to neighbors but it has worked for my wife and me for over 10 years. We each get a monthly allowance for our hobbies. So I don't get to complain about her purse, cat mugs and other purchases and she doesn't complain about my camera gear and flashlight purchases.

Greg

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

I'm having a difficult time trying to decide between several lights. Wife knows this...so I called her up and told her that the CPF advise is to buy them all. I just spent $500. There was silence on her end...I asked if she heard me. She responded by "I hope you didn't just do that?!" I joked back "no, so then $150 doesn't sound to bad then?" :D She said okay. :huh2:

Boricle

Newly Enlightened
I was recently sprung by my wife when we were talking on the speaker phone to our relatives in Colorado (we live in Australia). I ordered a bunch of inovas and cr123a's from Battery Station, and had 10 CR123As sent to my brother in law for a light I gave him last year.

He was telling us that he received the batteries and was looking at the Pelican brochure for cases that was included - he decided to order a hard case for his fibre splicing tools. He was telling my wife and I how he phoned them up and said that his brother-in-law in Australia had had them send some batteries to him.
Then he said to us that Battery Station said "Hey yeah - we know that guy!".

and then followed up by my wife with a "What!".

So much for a few flashlights and batteries ordered from overseas..... I promise that I didn't order THAT much.

Boricle

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
Makarov said:
My mother got a trick for getting new things into the house, especially shoes.
She buys a new pair and put them in the closet for a couple of months. When she finally uses them, and my dad ask if they're new, she just says that she's had them a long time. :grin2:

That sound like what my wife's reply to my questions, "I don't remember seeing that shoes, bags, cloths, jackets, etc, are they new?"

B@rt

Flashaholic
argmadwifeurl4cl.gif
:green: