Looking for a high powered incandescent

Kershaw

Enlightened
I looking for a bright thrower in the price range of 60 to 150 dollars. I want something that is about the size of a mag 4c but with output that would put any stock mag to shame. Any suggestions?

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a Streamlight SL-20 recharable maybe a tad longer but brighter and around 95 to 130 dollars depending on where you buy it. :devil:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Kershaw said:
I looking for a bright thrower in the price range of 60 to 150 dollars. I want something that is about the size of a mag 4c but with output that would put any stock mag to shame. Any suggestions?

Have you tried looking into the InRetech Tri-Light III? It's a 4-celler but in D size and it's $160.00 from Drumbalaya.

There's also Elektrolumens' Blaster series among others of his build? The prices are reasonably affordable and well built. . .

Enjoy Your Find!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Tigerlight. It will woop any 4C Mag. It's rechargable. Or you could try a Mag charger with a WA1166 Bulb.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight SL-20 has been a standard with police departments for decades. It uses a Ni-CD battery, though the chargers will accommodate a NiMH battery (if someone would come up with one in that battery size.) If the SL-20 still isn't enough for you, the SL-30 is another option that is a little brighter. After that, you'll probably have to start looking at spotlights :).

Kershaw said:
What type of rechargeable battery does it use?

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Tigerlight FBOP; it is a great rechargeable and appears to be in your price range............there is a wealth of information, on this forum.......................see "js"
thread regarding new bulbs and battery packs.

Good Luck,

jeffb

CLHC

Flashaholic

CLHC

Flashaholic
I've heard about the Streamlight Ultrastinger. Never seen one in action so I don't know about it. The only Streamlight that I had was the Scorpion and that was like years ago. . .I don't even remember it. Now I'm eyeing the Strion myself. Gonna have to make a trip tomorrow for a looksee on this particular item. . .over at Reed's National Shooting Club. Hmmm. . .

Kershaw

Enlightened
I was looking at the strion and really liked it due to the fact that it ran off a lithium ion cell but unfortunately it is just not bright enough for me.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kershaw said:

Hasn't he pretty much described a Mag85? :thinking: :)

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
Magcharger with WA1160 bulb will stomp a Streamlight Ultrastinger. I have both and the Streamlight is on it's way to ebay in the near future =/.

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I used to carry my pelican M11 at work. Now I use an ultrastinger. Those might be something for you to look at.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
onlinewarlord said:
Magcharger with WA1160 bulb will stomp a Streamlight Ultrastinger. I have both and the Streamlight is on it's way to ebay in the near future =/.

Ya and for 90 bucks it will stomp a lot of things.
DSCN3771.JPG

ibcj

Enlightened
onlinewarlord said:

I agree completely. I also have both and just upgraded my Magcharger with Fivemega's LOP aluminum reflector and a WA1160. The reflector is also a great improvement over the stock reflector. The Ultrastinger doesn't come close to the upgraded Magcharger.

New Magcharger from Brightguy - $90
LOP Reflector from Fivemega - $37
WA1160 bulb from Fivemega- $6
Total $133

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
nystrpr said:
I agree completely. I also have both and just upgraded my Magcharger with Fivemega's LOP aluminum reflector and a WA1160. The reflector is also a great improvement over the stock reflector. The Ultrastinger doesn't come close to the upgraded Magcharger.

New Magcharger from Brightguy - $90
LOP Reflector from Fivemega - $37
WA1160 bulb from Fivemega- $6
Total $133

FM wants $37 for a 2" LOP reflector? Holy crap! That's a whole lot of cash for a 2 inch reflector. A Carley 1940 with OP undercoating and aluminizing costs $8 stock, and very little needs to be done to it to make it fit in a MC, since the cam action focusing comes from the plastic cage around the reflector and not from a tube cut at an angle on the rear of the reflector.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
bang for buck.. very hard to beat magcharger with 1160.

i bought a mag85 for like $130 on BST including batteries and a couple bulbs.. that will absolutely smoke the 1160 bulb but suffers in the runtime department.

there will be some 2D models comeing out soon that will hold a diverse array of cells and work awesome to run the 1111 bulb..

post what you decide on getting.

-awr

Kershaw

Enlightened
Is the WA1160 bulb and reflector easy to install, if so i will probably purchase the Magcharger and bulb/reflector as a Christmas present for myself. :santa: