No Love for the Centurion C3???

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
I don't see a whole lot of chatter for the C3 and I was wondering why. It's my only real light and I'm real happy with. Where are you other happy C3 owners :)?

WDR65

Enlightened
Got one right here beside me at the computer at the moment. One of my favorite Surefire lights. Though it does not get mentioned often mainly because the M3 steals its thunder. Its a bit more compact and pocketable to me and I'm quite happy to own one.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello and way to go on your research! I wholeheartedly agree that the C3 is Dollar for Dollar the most powerful, and best overall EDC work light IMHO. I did a lot of research myself and I chose the C3. I carry it in a quick release holster, inverted. I have the P61 bulb, that gives it a boost. A green lens "on demand" makes it complete.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
I've been considering getting a C3 for quite awhile, will probably end up with one eventually. Alot of people don't consider it pocketable for whatever reason, so I suppose that's why you don't hear about it alot, I disagree with the naysayers though.

WDR65

Enlightened
I can comfortably carry it in my back pocket and really don't find it that obtrusive though some might think differently. One of my favorite EDC setups is the C3 with P91 bulb and my A2. That way I have three very different levels of light availible in compact packages.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'd buy one if they'd put a pocket clip on the dang thing. What is it with flashlight makers and no pocket clips?? That's the same reason I refuse to buy a Fenix L1P, no pocket clip. How are you supposed to carry it around? Most people don't want to strap on a special flashlight holster. Or have it rattling around in their pocket with everything else, getting the lense scratched, digging for it when you need it.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
I'd buy one if they'd put a pocket clip on the dang thing. What is it with flashlight makers and no pocket clips?? That's the same reason I refuse to buy a Fenix L1P, no pocket clip. How are you supposed to carry it around? Most people don't want to strap on a special flashlight holster. Or have it rattling around in their pocket with everything else, getting the lense scratched, digging for it when you need it.

C3's all have a pocket clip unless you take it off.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Another C3 nut here! My first serious SureFire. Love its square body. Feels more solid than a round one. It's just the right length for a secure grip depending on how you hold it. It's also perhaps the most versatile.

If you don't plan to switch to have parts intechangeable with M4 or M6 lights, then the C3 offers the most flexibility of all 3-cell SureFires. More so than the M3.

There is a choice for an M2 bezel for shock-isolation, you can add a turbohead, and an A19 extender will allow up to 350 lumens like the M4 and you also have a choice of the KL3 conversion to use as an endurance 'cave-light' or the KL5 for more general use. The M3 has the option of the super-bright L6 head but an endurance option no longer exists for it since the KL2 went out of production. Alternatively, you could go the other way and put a dummy battery in it to use a P60 if the P90 is too bright. Love this thing!

It's rear end isn't that nice though... So I'm ordering an SW01/02 for it. :)

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Wow! We've got a nice following here. I was wondering why there was so little chatter about the buggers, but I think it's a case of "no news is good news". Everyone is content with theirs, so there's not much to speak of. It's a great light and I'm very happy with it.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Flea Bag said:
Another C3 nut here! My first serious SureFire. Love its square body. Feels more solid than a round one. It's just the right length for a secure grip depending on how you hold it. It's also perhaps the most versatile.

If you don't plan to switch to have parts intechangeable with M4 or M6 lights, then the C3 offers the most flexibility of all 3-cell SureFires. More so than the M3.

There is a choice for an M2 bezel for shock-isolation, you can add a turbohead, and an A19 extender will allow up to 350 lumens like the M4 and you also have a choice of the KL3 conversion to use as an endurance 'cave-light' or the KL5 for more general use. The M3 has the option of the super-bright L6 head but an endurance option no longer exists for it since the KL2 went out of production. Alternatively, you could go the other way and put a dummy battery in it to use a P60 if the P90 is too bright. Love this thing!

It's rear end isn't that nice though... So I'm ordering an SW01/02 for it. :)

Please educate me on these neat accesories :). What's an SW01/02 and where does one get one?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a C3 but I do have several older 6P's with the A19 extenders making them 3 cell Surefires. My latest is a new 9P. I passed on the C3 and got the new 9P.

Whether or not you have the C3 or 9P this light is a good size with lots of power. Also it works great with Pila rechargable batteries.

If you opt for the P91 bulb (my favorite) then when using Pila 150s you need to double tap to bypass the Pila protection circuit. By adding an A19 adaptor (top light in photo) you can use two Pila 168s. With this setup there is no need to double to get the light on and the increased capacity of the larger batteries give you more burn time with the tradeoff of a little longer physical length. The P90 bulb works flawlessly with two Pila 150s (middle light in photo).

I'm using these rechargables day in and day out as my primary power source. They really keep the brightness at a level output until the battery dies.

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/41ce806czd2d824e8/8a8f/__sr_/7071.jpg?ph4TvaDBe5jALxjW

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
WilsonCQB1911 said:
Please educate me on these neat accesories :). What's an SW01/02 and where does one get one?

The SW02 tailcap is basically a Z48 but it just looks better! Expensive though...

The SW01 isn't widely available and I believe it's discontinued buy you could try to contact Calvin at: brightflashlites @ aol.com. It's not a 'clickie' like the SW02. It just has a momentary-on button and a twist-on function. Like the SW02, it's design aids grip.

Pictures are in this thread.

Last edited:

nc987

Enlightened
what do these SW01/02 cost? Do they come in black? Do they fit the executive lights? Thanks.

CLHC

Flashaholic
tsask said:
. . .I chose the C3. . .I have the P61 bulb, that gives it a boost.

Just a question? A P61 is able to run on the SureFire's 9V C3? It doesn't—what's that word again?. . ."insta-flash"? Maybe the P91 is what's meant eh? Just curious as can be. . .Don't mind me. . .