Where can I buy the Arc AAA premium?

zimmerDN

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I am new here and I suck at searching (I am much much better with google).:huh:

I've decided that my first led flashlight will be the Arc AAA premium. Is that the same as the 4th gen Arc I've been reading ppl posting about? What's the current situation with backorders? Is it because Arc is no longer in the business?

Like I said, I am new here and I am slightly confused.:crackup:

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
I just placed an order for one. Cant wait for 8 weeks to come around haha.

zimmerDN

Newly Enlightened
What's the difference between the regular and premium version?

edit: nevermind, the latter is brighter. :laughing:

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you preorder one, do you have to pay all the money right away, or do you pay when they have the flashlight ready for you?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
adirondackdestroyer said:
When you preorder one, do you have to pay all the money right away, or do you pay when they have the flashlight ready for you?
Are you sure? I got one of the first New AAA-P batch's and I remember peter not charging my card, i asked him to let me know when he did, few days later he E-mailed me it was shipped and card was charged. Thing's coulda changed thou.VDG

zimmerDN

Newly Enlightened
Is there really a 8 week wait right now? Has anyone tried buying from ebay yet? I don't know if I can trust those ebay stores even if they have a good feedbacks.

flashgreenie

Enlightened
well, mine is order 2202 and that was almost 2 months ago. Think Peter is shipping around the 2000 mark now...:mecry:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF zimmerDN!

Yes, we are back in business. New company, updated lights. The AAA is the first with an 80% increase in output.

Even though we have increased production output, we are still behind on filling orders. We ship out batches of orders 3-4 times a month but the lead time on a new order is about 2 months. Sorry.

There are people buying the lights and reselling them at a higher price on ebay. Read their ad closely to make sure you are getting a genuine Arc and it is the newer version (r4). The r4 has the tapered head and a rivet in the battery compartment. It is available in both standard (3 lumen) and Premium (5.5lumen min, 6.5 lum typ).

And no, we don't charge your card until we ship your order.

Peter

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I was wrong, I got the email receipt and assumed that meant I was charged.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I preordered on a little while ago; I CAN wait the 6-8 weeks!! I am looking forward to when it arrives!! I pre-ordered mine directly from Arc. I got the Premium.