• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lambda MiniPro CR123 modded light*SOLD*

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda modded China-made CR123 flashlight with MiniPro TWOJ, 1250lux, very bright white hotspot & even sidespill, has smooth reflector, reverse clicky tailcap & lanyard. Lightly used. Selling for $45 shipped (without battery) by standard airmail. (Will not be responsible for items damaged or lost in the mail). *SOLD*
First person to post an "I'll take it" here gets it. Please send Cash PayPal (non-Credit Card funded) only to address in my profile. For credit card funded PayPal please add 4% to cover fees & send to the other email address also in my profile. Thanks for looking.
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lambda MiniPro CR123 modded light*PRICE DROP*

Is this a 1W LED?

How much current does it draw?

Would it be safe to use with a 3.7V li-ion cell?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paul_in_Maryland said:
Is this a 1W LED?

How much current does it draw?

Would it be safe to use with a 3.7V li-ion cell?

Thanks Trashman. :) Yes it's a 3W Luxeon LED.

I think Lambda said that the MiniPro can be run with a rechargeable Li-On 3.7V cell but I don't recommend it on this light as it gets pretty hot (and bright) just on a primary lithium 3V CR123 when run for an extended time.

Sorry I don't know what's the current draw but you can read more about the MiniPro at Lambda's web page here.

Last edited:

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast

The switcher chip on the MiniPro (MAX1797) is supposed to limit the output current as well as the input current to 1000mA. I'm not sure if it does this by "throttling" the internal P channel MOSFET or PWMing it for an average current. In this case the chip will be absorbing the excess power until the battery voltage drops into boost range. During that time the temperature will rise.

Something to note is that there is no intrinsic protection on the MiniPro for Li-ion batteries. So, if you do plan on using them, better choose protected ones.

Paul

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't believe that the name hasn't sold this yet! THIS LIGHT WILL PUMP OUT 1250 LUX that's 1250 wow

I used to own one of these lights (lost it). the beamshot that he is showing does not do this light justice. they have one of the most useful beams I've seen.

here is the thread that started this light you can see the amount of work that Lambda had to do to mod this light. the orginal price was 60.00 so very good price for a lambda light.

LAMBDA LIGHT

Doug