I love this time of year!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The shorter days, day light savings time making it dark at 5:30pm, wearing big coats, the crisp autum air, and did I mention it getting dark at 5:30pm? Now I get to carry a light and a spares carrier in my jacket pockets (Sacramento is just way too hot to wear a jacket in the summer and early fall).

What do you carry this time of year?

Me - an E20 in my jacket and a 9P in my backpack are my basic load. Plus my usual Arcs and such.

Its Flashlight Season!!!

tron3

Banned
Flashaholics must be linked at the brain stem like the Borg. :poke:

I was thinking that just the other day. I occasionaly enjoy pulling out my flashlights to see how powerful they light up. It was a LONG wait during the summer as it only STARTED to get dark at 8.

But sigh, I really want that 15 million CP one. Just no real need for it, other than impressing the heck out of the neighbors. :naughty:

greenLED

Flashaholic
:) yup, we're connected. I just posted a bike helmet thread yesterday. Quality darkness!!
One thing I like also is the combination of (sometimes) really bright, sunny areas, hitting colored trees, with black, dark, heavy clouds in the background... beautiful!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
True. I was thinking this last night. Did a nice 30 minute walk with a powerful incan, illuminating the bright autumn New England colors.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Yes! Not that I have not been EDC'ing. The idea of wearing heavier clothing—3/4 length jacket and the like, I can conceal on my person larger flashlights better, such as the SureFire M3, which I normally do during the Fall and Winter seasons.

danielo_d

Enlightened
kelmo said:
... (Sacramento is just way too hot to wear a jacket in the summer and early fall).

Its Flashlight Season!!!

Yup! And just wait til it gets foggy. You can really see the beam pattern.
[SacraTomato get's really foggy, terrible for driving, but great for playing with flashlights.]

I'm such a geek! :ohgeez:

Danno

tron3

Banned
danielo_d said:
Yup! And just wait til it gets foggy. You can really see the beam pattern.
[SacraTomato get's really foggy, terrible for driving, but great for playing with flashlights.]

I'm such a geek! :ohgeez:

Danno

Oh wow. That reminds me of my Air Force Tech school days. We lined up for school about 5 am in the morning. This being Keesler AFB in Mississippi, you can imagine the cold damp mornings. Well on that fateful morning about November 1990, it was foggy like you would NOT believe. Could not see 100 feet across the compound.

Lots of "light saber" fights that morning. Those yellow wand lights with visible beam was just too cool to believe. Have not had a similar experience since.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
tron3 said:
Flashaholics must be linked at the brain stem like the Borg. :poke:

I was thinking that just the other day. I occasionaly enjoy pulling out my flashlights to see how powerful they light up. It was a LONG wait during the summer as it only STARTED to get dark at 8.

But sigh, I really want that 15 million CP one. Just no real need for it, other than impressing the heck out of the neighbors. :naughty:

Yes, yes we are!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Our shop is in shambles just now. We are making a new office and other stuff. It is a mine field when the lights are off and I use my EDC even more these days!

I like fall/winter because I can put on enough stuff to be warm, but can't take off enough to be cool in our summer!!!

Skyclad01

Enlightened
tron3 said:

Same problem here. But it almost seems worth getting it just to have, espically since you can get them at Costco for a mere $30 :naughty:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Yes, I also love this time of year. Gaining an hour is not a problem for me, losing one is. And the extra darkness is an excuse to use flashlights more.

The weather turning cooler is a welcome relief, even though it's near record highs here, mid to upper 80s. And the low tonight is only going to be 67. Still, better than the 100 highs and 75-80 lows of not long ago.