What if you could only have ONE general use flashlight?

tron3

Banned
Geeze, if I had to give up my collection and only keep one?

As much as I HATE the custie service, Striker-VG from LEDlogic.
The varible dimming capability, and white light, makes it the best general use canidate.

Liike most of you, I couldn't keep just one. I must have my Q-III EDC.
I love my Nuwai 4 C-cell 120 lumen LED light. Plus a kick butt plastic reinforced holster with snaps.

:huh: "Couldn't I just give up the batteries and keep the flashlight, mommy?" :sweat:

jtice

Flashaholic
I hate these "pick one" things :p

I would probably have to say my EDC, the Surefire U2.
But I would really like to have the Streamlight 4AA Luxeon to go with it.Due to its common AA batts.
Oh, and they theres my Stenlight headlamp, HAVE to have it.

See? one just doesnt work ;)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Only one? That's almost like saying which hand do you want to keep? Your right or left?. . .

Overall for me would be the 6P then again the M3 or L2. And like JTICE mentioned—you can't be without noggin-lights. . .PT Solo, PT APEX, NiteRider Moab, or the Light and Motion Arc HID.

Hmmm. . .Decisions, decisions, decisions. . .

greenLED

Flashaholic
That's easy, o'course! We only have ONE light anyways (for every specific use you can think of :D); I don't see what the big deal is. ;)

Out of the lights I currently have, Pila GL3.. no wait, the Infinity Ultra, no wait... the... :laughing:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
If I could only have ONE flashlight, I'd probably just jump off a local bridge and end my miserable existence right then and there.. :crazy:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
a Minimag AA with 2 (better 3) levels of light

(cuz the cheap 2AA light running that way is of such crappy construction. The Mag-Mod is on my workbench)

Why? Because for normal flashlight chores there can be 2 much light, and because I like AAs.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
I would probably keep my EternaLight Elite Max.

That's the best all-around light I own. The only thing it lacks is throw.

If I was somehow allowed to keep a second one (please), I would keep my Magcharger for its throw, mod possibilities, and because it's cheap to run once you've bought it.

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'll have to jump off a bridge, cuz I rotate most of my lights...argh to pick only one [where is the bridge].

but since it is winter over here and it gets very dark at 3pm and I love bright lights with good runtime and multiple outputs. I tend to carry the Lionheart on my belt in it's own custom leather sheath. but......... at work I have my Fenix (cuz is smaller and less noticable), and..... my TnC N cell in my right pocket, and my Lambda HD III, and TW4 in my Jumbo Fatboy. Wow just one!! who made up this thread :rant:

I'd stick with my Lionheart if I "lost" all my lights in my office, home, Jumbo fatboy, pockets, keychain.. ect But that at 2130 I'm guaranteed to change my mind within the next minute. so gotta stop before I change my mind.

Doug

TorchMan

Enlightened
Only one? Just one? Heck, I can't even EDC just one light!

I'm in love with my newest arrival right now, the LionHeart. So that's my at the moment choice. Probably change before long, but the LH does it all, dim and bright and my whitest light of all on all settings, small with choice of tubes, good throw.

Last edited:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might sound strange, especially considering I don't even use this light THAT often anymore, but if I could have only one light, I think it might be my Jil DD. Obviously, I wouldn't be able to do much about distance spoting, but the beam quality, very long runtime, small "clippable" size, and reliability (no electronics or switch to go bad) make it a favorite.

pizzaman

Enlightened
These kind of polls are just cruel. :awman:

While no longer my EDC, my SureFire A2 is easily the closest thing to a "jack of all trades, master of none" Flashlight.

It is small enough and big enough.
It is bright enough and dim enough.
It has enough throw and enough spill.
It will chew through batteries or treat them gently.

The A2 covers all bases, is built like a tank, has a superb warranty, and looks too cool.

TR

(There, there, Fenix. I was just kidding. I'll never give you up.)