Trapped like a dog!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in a community whose streets are shaped like a circle with homes in the center and homes on the outer edge. A street divides the homes.

The always not-so-clever HOA contracted with pavers to "slurry" my street. Yesterday and the day before, they did the outside of the circle, allowing street traffic to drive on the inside.

Today, they did the first coat on my side but didn't allow for anybody to walk out of the circle to their cars which are parked on another street for this event.

I went outside to get to my car and there is the mailman who can't deliver mail because the mailboxes are all on the inside of the street (the wet side). The pavers are coming back tomorrow for the second coat which means no mail tomorrow either.

The big issue is that I can't get off of the "island" without stepping into a street full of wet asphalt. I just walked back to my house in disgust and called the HOA. "Oh, they were supposed to put planks down." DUH!

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
If you can escape, go to the local aquarium store and get a bunch of flourescent fish tank gravel... :D Use it to spell out how you feel about your HOA in the road.

That'll teach 'em.

verbie

Enlightened
poor marty. look at the bright-side, you can call your boss and give a legitimite excuse for not coming in to work :D

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Do we need to send rations? Uh, sorry weak attempt at a laugh - bummer! All too often a project is undertaken with some "critical" point overlooked until afterwards! Duhhh! No excuse for poor planning!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Marty Weiner said:
I live in a community whose streets are shaped like a circle with homes in the center and homes on the outer edge. A street divides the homes.

The always not-so-clever HOA contracted with pavers to "slurry" my street. Yesterday and the day before, they did the outside of the circle, allowing street traffic to drive on the inside.

Today, they did the first coat on my side but didn't allow for anybody to walk out of the circle to their cars which are parked on another street for this event.

I went outside to get to my car and there is the mailman who can't deliver mail because the mailboxes are all on the inside of the street (the wet side). The pavers are coming back tomorrow for the second coat which means no mail tomorrow either.

The big issue is that I can't get off of the "island" without stepping into a street full of wet asphalt. I just walked back to my house in disgust and called the HOA. "Oh, they were supposed to put planks down." DUH!
wow this is weird they did my place today.i think there done now it looks so much nicer but its wierd aint it

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman said:
Do we need to send rations? Uh, sorry weak attempt at a laugh - bummer! All too often a project is undertaken with some "critical" point overlooked until afterwards! Duhhh! No excuse for poor planning!

MREs and high-powered lights will keep me busy until this crap dries.

cslinger

Enlightened
Same thing happened to me once. Came home from work for lunch, parked in the garage and had lunch. Came out to bubbling asphault in our court and out to the main road. I cracked up and took digital pictures figuring nobody would ever believe this. Got a nice day off out of it though.

Chris

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Marty,

Interesting that you mention this as a I had a similar, albeit not exactly the same experience.

The complex where I live was redoing the parking lot, but this was unbeknownst to me, and I park in a car port area. So it was awful trying to get my car out.

Not only that, but due to the weather it took two days for everything to dry, rather than the estimated one day.

All I can say is that I hope it is worth it for you when everything is complete.

Regards,
John