I though I never would, but I am getting a SF M6 ...

wquiles

Flashaholic
Looking back, I should have known better.

I started asking questions about 2xcell incandecent (back then I got an E2E), then got to 3xcells (using the SF P90 and P91 in a 3xcell Vital Gear with E2C adapter), etc. One of the members here said "you will then go the SF M4 and then the M6 - its inevitable". I said - no way. I am not spending $300-400 on a flashlight !!!

Well, not exactly right away, but I did get an M3T, then the M4, and I just ordered last month (as part of the GB with the discounts) an M6. So yes, the guy who was giving me advice was right. In the end, it would have been certainly much cheaper to get the M6 from the get-go. Once you add up what you loose in buying and then selling "lesser" lights to "upgrade", I should have gotten the M6. In many ways, same goes for the SF U2 - it is one of the most versatile, tought LED's made, but somehow we always find ways to convince ourselves that it is just "too darn expensive to get one!".

At least now, even though late, I am getting one. Hopefully I will be smarter and also get the M6R pack as soon as the 2nd build happens.

Word to the wise: don't lust for one - go get one now, rather than later ;)

Will

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Hi Will:

The Surefire M6 is a great flashlight. :)

See if you can pick up a KL6 bezel. It's got a very long runtime (about 3 hours and 40 minutes), on the M6 body. Options, options, options! :)

oldgrandpajack

Topper

Flashaholic*
Good for you Will, I also worked my way up to the SF M6 however after getting my first one I bought a second M4 and the M3T a second pair of G2's a second G2Z and a second M6. I never really considered selling any of the "lesser" SF lights I likem all.
Topper

wquiles

Flashaholic
oldgrandpajack said:
Hi Will:

See if you can pick up a KL6 bezel. It's got a very long runtime (about 3 hours and 40 minutes), on the M6 body. Options, options, options! :)

oldgrandpajack

Already have that one sort-of "covered" ;). In fact, if you look at my avatar picture, you might see that it is a Turbo Head with an 5W LED "lamp". Mine has a WX1T with a DB1000. I used it with the M4 as a host - now I hope to use it with the M6 as a host :)

Will

kukula

Enlightened
Coming into this hobby kinda late sure has its pros. After reading and re reading all the posts here at CPF, I went straight to the M6 (and U2). Couldnt have been happier. The KL6 is something I have been considering since day 1, but somehow I feel it is a waste of all the M6s power. Now if only it wasnt so expensive to run an M6:mecry: Do shoot JS an email to get in line for the second run of the M6R.

Congratulations on the purchase Will. Youll love the M6, just as I love mine

Chris

CLHC

Flashaholic
Whoa there Will!

Welcome to the SureFire M6 Owners Club eh? Now just patiently waiting for that second run of the M6-R battery pack run in the spring of next year. . .

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great advice, Will. It's so true, once we get hooked, I think it's inevitable that we eventually end up with every light we've ever wanted (there might be some exceptions, i.e. The Beast, Maxabeam). If I can snag me an M6-R pack first, then I'll too be joining the club. :grin2:

Last edited:

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
wquiles said:
Looking back, I should have known better . . . but I did get an M3T, then the M4, and I just ordered last month (as part of the GB with the discounts) an M6. So yes, the guy who was giving me advice was right. In the end, it would have been certainly much cheaper to get the M6 from the get-go. Once you add up what you loose in buying and then selling "lesser" lights to "upgrade", I should have gotten the M6 . . . .

Will

Will,

I'm not so sure that there's any loss, or ultimately real regret, from moving step-by-step up the SureFire ladder. I got as far as the M3T and then decided that I had to stop the foolishness. So I skipped the M4 and went straight to the M6 and M6R.

But skipping steps can leave a nagging yearning. I keep thinking about the M4. And when I watch any of the crime shows using M4s, I wonder even now if perhaps I should get one. You know . . . just to try it out . . .

Paul

greenLED

Flashaholic
wquiles said:
... In the end, it would have been certainly much cheaper to get the M6 from the get-go. ... In many ways, same goes for the SF U2 - it is one of the most versatile, tought LED's made, but somehow we always find ways to convince ourselves that it is just "too darn expensive to get one!"

Just wanted to comment on this. After a lot of years of "practice" (ie. quasi-wasted money), I'm slowly learning to decide on the ultimate piece of equipment I want and just buy that. Maybe "too darn expensive to get one", but sure beats buying 10 lesser goods (that add up to more than your single ultimate item) and still be unsatisfied.

Congratulations on your M6 (and your U2).

Size15's

Flashaholic
powernoodle said:
How does the HOLA beam on the M6 compare to the X10 Dominator? I just got an X10, which is awesome.

thx

I have a couple 10X's and a few M6's - in my experience of comparing them the 10X tends to put out a wall of light compared to the M6's MN21 lamp which is a bit more beam-light.
The MN21 beam isn't really that beam-like (it's quite wall-like) but the 10X beam is massive.

Al

stuartyr

Newly Enlightened
I dont really buy the "get the M6 first" thing! it doesn't work, I got an M6 first, but still went back for the M4 etc....... :D

208104.jpg

205963.jpg

205965.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Size15's said:
the 10X tends to put out a wall of light compared to the M6's. . .which is a bit more beam-light. . .the 10X beam is massive.

Exactly what Al said! Just imagine it's like a handheld Ingersoll-Rand Freeway/Highway area light but without the towers and the generator! That's from my point of view. . .Albeit a tad bit exaggerated though!

paulr

Flashaholic
I never really liked the M4's styling and probably would have skipped it in that progression. The M6(R) is still the ultimate for me. One of these days...

nc987

Enlightened
Ive gone as far as the M3T ( and U2, winelights, KL6 head, 6p) and i just decided recently that I am getting a M6. I almost got a M4 but when I handled it just didnt have the ergonomics that I like. The length is also a factor.The light just doesnt appeal to me. oh well, M6-CB coming to me soon!