You know you really love flashlights when...

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just watching tv and a Burger King commercial came on where the king makes a touchdown. Well the opening image is of a lighted sign displaying the team names. One of the team names was "LIONS", and of course, my interest was piqued since I figured the commercial had to be about rechargeable lithium batteries!

NotEnoughLight

Enlightened
you know you really love flashlights when...

you wonder how circles have Arcs (be it standard or premium or even Arc LS) but you don't

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
PhotonWrangler said:
...when you always head to the flashlights section of every department store you visit.

:crackup: :crackup: Guilty... I do that all the time. Even if I dont get aneything I like to keep inventorey of whats out there ya know...

Bob_G

Enlightened
Your mom catches you with your pants down staring at the computer, and says, "If you're going to do that, at least you could be looking at pretty girls instead of those silly lights."

TorchMan

Enlightened
You know you really love when when... You keeps seeing Pontiac SunFires on the road all the time, it's printed on the bumpers, but you have to conciously remember it's SunFire, and not SureFire!

rmacias

Enlightened

For no apparent reason you find yourself walking around the house holding your favorite torch even in broad daylight.

RJM

Flea Bag

Enlightened
When your depleted stock of 123As is waiting for a new shipment and you lie in bed, hand clutching a C3, imagining how it would look, fully activated with fresh 123s, then falling asleep and waking up, happy to find it still lying by your side on the pillow, like a girlfriend that I've been looking for for over three years...

Last edited:

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Xochi,

I love quirky humor and as such I must give credit where credit is due. Your joke rocked.

All My Best,
John

Geologist

Enlightened

you know the flashlight inventory better than the manager and you can advise what they should be ordering and what they need to get rid of!

Vortex

Newly Enlightened

You Forget about Car and Driver, Road & Track, Motor Trend and take your flashlights to the bathroom and do a ceiling bounce test in the dark while Pooing
:toilet: :sick2: :green:

saunterer

Newly Enlightened
You Forget about Car and Driver, Road & Track, Motor Trend and take your flashlights to the bathroom and do a ceiling bounce test in the dark while Pooing

:crackup: Hahaha. Since gettting my HSD B42 a couple of weeks ago, I find that the secondary brightness setting works just fine for that....

Kershaw

Enlightened
rmacias said:

For no apparent reason you find yourself walking around the house holding your favorite torch even in broad daylight.

RJM

I know it sounds weird but last week i found myself walking around the side of my house with my Surefire 9p at 11 in the mourning. I guess i am just used to only going outside at night, lol. :laughing:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you really love flashlights when you start to philosophize about them.:thinking:

You know you really love flashlights when you start to dream about them. :sleepy:

You know you really love flashlights when you are persecuted for them.:whoopin:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you're looking for a formal light to wear with your tux on your wedding day (I remember someone did that last year and we all HELPED him by giving him suggestions..)

When you get your 5th light of the same model you already have 4 of (yeah...uh.. presents.. right..). Or your tenth light, including ones given away as presents.

sniper

Enlightened
...when your daughter in law sees you in the dark kitchen shortly after midnight, with an MJLED and a NiteIze modded MiniMag in each hand, and says "What are you doing?", and you say to her: "It's a two flashlight night!" (and don't feel a bit sheepish about doing it.)

Or........

You have a hard time deciding which light you will take when you feed the dog.