Plastic bodied Luxeons?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attention users of plastic bodied luxeon lights, I'm looking at a the following:
Princeton Tec Impact XL
Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon
Pelican Recoil
Which one of these units can handle the heat from a luxeon. I've heard stories of some units melting during long runtimes.

chiphead

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the lights mentioned so far, I'd recommend either the Streamlight Propolymer Luxeon (4AA or 3C) or the UK 4AA eLED. The former maximizes output and throw, while the latter maximizes runtime. Both are regulated.

The Impact XL is reported to be quite dim, and I don't even know if it's regulated or not. The Pelican Recoil design strikes me as rather gimmicky. You can get equal or better throw from a smooth reflector like Streamlight uses, and you'll keep the sidespill light that way, too.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback fellas! The reason for my question is that after watching all the hurricane footage brought me to realization that I had nothing that could take a real dunking!

The only unit I that I could find in town is the Princeton-Tec Impact XL. And the only place in town I can find Streamlight units (Batterys Plus), didn't know what the Hell I was talking about! Oh well, Bright Guy always has me covered!

Thanks again...chiphead