need a light to use up my old 123a batteries

Kris

Newly Enlightened
I use Surefire M3's every night and I am constantly changing the batteries, could you please give me some recommendations on the best LED flashlight to use up the old 123a batteries.

Thanks,

Kris

Kris

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at the EDC Ultimate 85 GT because I heard on CPF that the runtime was better than the 60 XR GT (when used at the same light level). I know they stopped production on the 85 GT but I think a heard someone on CPF say that HDS was going to make a 120 lumen model, is this true?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'll throw in another vote for the Inova X5. The First Run ARC LSs were pretty good at sucking a cell dry as well. Any direct drive should be a good juice sucker...

Babo

Newly Enlightened
Try your Kubota dealer. He may give you one of their giveaway
promotional Scorpions if they have any.

Kris

Newly Enlightened
I just want to thank everyone for their advice. I wanted to get a HDS EDC 85, but I seen on their website that they are not going to have them available until the Shot Show so I think I will wait until then to see if they have any new flashlights. Until I get my HDS I think I will get an Inova X5 and also stop by my local Kubota dealer. If anyone else has any advice I would appreciate it, there is so many nice custom lights on CPF.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are talking about a light to use up your batteries, the U85 will indeed allow you to run for a long time even with pretty empty batteries.

But.... I think you'll quickly find using the U85 to use up old batteries is like buying a Ferrari to drive two blocks to the bus stop.

Also, you'll find that you are not going to use up the batteries as fast as you produce them with the M3. Especially because the U85 is VERY good at this... you'll get tired of running at low output long before it has extracted all the power out of the cell.

I highly recommend the U85 (or the B60 or U60), partially because they can run for a long time.

However, I haven't heard a winning strategy for "using up" old batteries yet.

-john

Kris

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again everyone, I know I want to get a HDS EDC but im not sure if I should wait for the U85 (I heard it had a better runtime) or if I should just get a EDC Ultimate 60 XR GT.