ir filter removal from a 105

kwinchee

Newly Enlightened
i was wondering if i wher to tak everything out other then the focus lense and the collinder would i be able to melt things dont worry i have a bit of a lab set up for testing
thankes reuben

temp

Newly Enlightened
umm probably isnt a good idea, they actually put the ir filter into the laser assembly for a reason......

Athoul

Enlightened
Yes you will have more heat energy to melt things. However the IR wavelength is invisible and can blind you. IR reflects off of many things that you might not expect, like objects that don't look reflective! Your eyes won't even react to the light, there will not be any blink reaction. Heed the warnings that people make about this and don't risk it, the potential for severe eye damage far exceeds that of the lasers intended setup.

oldlaser

Newly Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
If you remove the IR filter, please be damned sure you use safety goggles designed specifically to attenuate radiation at 808nm and 1,064nm!!! :eek: :eek:oo: :eek:

Does anyone know the approximate power of the IR laser used in the 105?

Thanks!
OldLaser

P.S.
You are soooo correct, working with IR laser YOU MUST use safety goggles, also, you better know when the IR laser is ON, as mentioned above, the beam will bounce out of the least expected surfaces.

oldlaser

Newly Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
I believe the NIR laser diode inside is 500mW (0.5W) at 808nm - just outside the range of human vision.

Yeap... that would surely fry your eye :mad:

Thanks for the info

Latest posts