New Task Force 1W 3xAA light at Lowes

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I would mention, I saw a display with well over 100 Luxeon 1W 3xAA cell Task Force lights at Lowes. 17.99 each. I did not pick one up yet.

They appear to be plastic with a side switch. Very large collimator optic. Looks like Luxeons have really hit the mainstream.

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
Did you ever purchase one of these lights? I saw it online,and thinking about buying one,if nothing else,just to get the led out of it :p..So if you bought one,I know your post is over a month old so... Let me know how that thing works and such,if you purchased one....

Thanks
Russ

Last edited:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one up recently. The optic is different from many like even the task force 3xAAA 1 watt in that it doesn't have much of a pronounced hot spot. That makes it appear to be not very bright. In use however, it does put ouit a decent wide beam throw of decent light.

It is a simple resistored light. All plastic and therfore only the star's plate for a heat sink. So it may run 80,000 hours rather than the normal 100,000 :)

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
Yup,thats the one Bam..

Ok thanks Pellidon,I may pick one up just for the led,Since to purchase one on line would be the same amount of $.. :)

skunked

Newly Enlightened
JUst picked one up. $15 for a Luxon star and 3 batteries, not bad. Of course the rest of the light is ..well pedestrian.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
$15 sounds great, and I agree... the looks of it are pretty... uhh... boring. Hope it works as well as my Sam's Element lights. My only complaint about the Element is the short battery life on 3 aaa's.

Does this light from Lowe's use the battery carrier like in the 3aaa lights like the Sam's Element?

Last edited:

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
skunked said:
JUst picked one up. $15 for a Luxon star and 3 batteries, not bad. Of course the rest of the light is ..well pedestrian.
My big question is,Does it come apart easy?? Or would it require a saw of some sort to remove that plastic head?? :D