"New" Dorcy 2AA Luxeon?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought one at Future Shop (Best Buy) a year ago.for C$40 (~US$30).
Has a wide hotspot with a wider corona then spilllight. Tint is on the yellow side. (all my luxeons have a warmer tint than my 5mm LED lights). Not as bright as my Nexxtech 3xAAA Super 1 Watt (Nuwai ALX-1113A). Takes 4 half turns of the tailcap to lockout the momentary button. I was unable to disassemble the bezel (boost circuit/LED/reflector) or refocus the light.

As my main use of flashlights is going to the toilet or raiding the refridgerator in the middle of the night, I tend to use my medium brightness 4AA flashlights upgraded with a Tectite LPR-1113 or Superbrightleds 1/2 watt bulb. On the few occasions I need more light I use the Nexxtech when a small hotspot will do or my 7x7mm when I need a big blob of light. With 2 minimags and 2 stretch flashlight/lanterns as backup the Dorcy 2AA 1watt is effectively retired.

Last edited:

Jumi

Enlightened
Hi
I bought one NIP from Mark a month ago. I was first really disappointed for the light. It didn't have any hotspot, it looked like darkspot surrounded by light. I screw the head open and took it in parts, luxeon star and plastic an thin metal parts but no boost circuit. The boost circuit is in the body of the light.
I think that the reflector was designed for low dome luxeon because when I tried that with loose ld it gave desent beam. I did't have any other that size reflector so I modified the plastic inner parts to go deeper in the head so that NX-05 optic stays between led and lens. Now the beam is exactly like in those optic review shots.
So after modifications it is a nice light, I even ordered another one.

Juha