Any good KL4 stories?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire make a good product. I understand that their current production of KL-4 is good. I order a KL-4 this is the third one that i have now. The first one I got while it is pretty bright it is also a bit on the green side. No donut hole. I don't mind this color much because i use them on their own and color doesnt matter much to me. Anyway the second KL-4 that I have is a bit brighter and not quite as green. It is nice, The reflector is less than perfect, it doesnt seem to effect the beam much. The new one i got all I can say is WOW! completely different tint color much more on the blue side (think HID)more like X0 than an X1. This new KL-4 really is much brighter than the others both to the eye and to the meter,
I am very pleased with the KL4's in general they all work great with single cell rechargeables. Making for a very small pocket rocket.
I am not really sure what the point of this thread is except to talk about how great the KL-4 head really is. I love the LuxV emitter.

I look at some of the stuff Surefire makes and the more I get the more I want. These parts are so well engineered and made. Even when a part is less than perfect it is still better than a lot of stuff on the market at the moment.
Yaesmofo

LightAddict

Newly Enlightened
I just bought my second L4 and I can say the same.First one was greenish tint,the new one is much brighter and blue with a small doughnut hole.The L4 is really a great light,of all my lights it gets the most use.I am also looking to buy the SF weapons mount scout light which uses the KL4 head.I prefer the blue to the green tint.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I own one L4/KL4 and must say I am fully pleased with it. If you want a small light, with a lot of flood, it is hard to beat.

Numbers

Enlightened
I want to buy an L4 too but surefire says they are back ordered for at least 6 weeks. I heard somewhere that the Led's were manufactured to the incorrect tolerance, so modification of the reflector, at least, is required. Does anyone think I should wait until the first run of the upcoming production is sold out, to avoid problems, if any, with modified parts?
I cant afford multiple L4's so I need to get a good one the first time!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure any L4's that are available have been fully tested and will work flawlessly. I wouldn't worry about any problems with modified parts. If they're on back order, you might like to give Oldgrandpajack a PM (or find his sales threads) and ask him if he's got any in stock. His prices are excellent.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a pair of twins. As time progresses I would like to have twing which match visually as well and beam tint wise.
My last KL-4 came from Lighthound. It is white and bright. No green in the tint at all. It is also visually and brighter based on my meterman 631.
The KL-4 really produces a wall of light. Surefire flahhlights and heads ROCK.
Yaesumofo
twins.jpg

GarageBoy said:
KL4s on a 1x123 body backed with a R123 still makes people's jaw drop and go "thats ONE LED?"

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone been able to open a KL4 head? I would like to know how. I would like put in W bin with the lowest Vf possible. In TW4 R123 format it becomes the most awesome compact led flood light I have ever seen.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I have a number of EDCs and the KL4/E1e/R123 is one of them.......must have lucked out cause both of mine have a nice white tint and enjoy using them a lot.

KL4.jpg

Bill

Latest posts