Searching For Special Key Chain...

bruner

Enlightened

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target stores, in the Eddie Bauer cool items section, has a keychain that has 4 detachable attachments for lack of a better term. Looks kinda bulky if you use all 4, but it is probably a pretty nice piece.

I bought what I thought was a pretty cool keychain a couple months ago at ACE Hardware for $3. You just lift up on the knurled knob up top, and the shaft thing receeds allowing you to quickly add or remove any number of items.

I kind of *******ized a nice BMW keychain to make the flashlight holder though I've seen similar pieces on various key fob type keychains.

IMG_1661a.JPG

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops... I replied before looking at your link... That looks very similar to the Eddie Bauer piece I was talking about but I think it only has 4 'chains'.

How many extra pieces do you think you'll be needing? You could always just buy another keychain but... man! I mean, if you put a couple keys on each 'ring' that would fill a VERY big pocket. Have you seen these in person?

I'd suggest checking out the Target item before ordering if at all possible.

bruner

Enlightened
cratz2,

Thanks for replying and thanks for the photo.

My main reason for looking for something like my link was to be able to collect various small flashlights and quickly attach them to my keychain, for variety.

I see that you and I cary the essential ARC for every-day use. What could be better ;)

This is what my current keychain looks like:

I did happen to find something worth trying out, here is the link: http://www.epartyunlimited.com/eparty/super-key-ring.html

It's so cheap, I think I'll purchase maybe three so that I have extra "links".

I'll have to travel to State College, PA (only 1.5 hours away) to visit the closest Target store to see what you recommended.

I love my ARC, but I'm looking towards collecting "coast" lights: http://coast.keevanmotorsports.com/

Mostly because I can't afford better lights and I like the small form factor of these items.

Thanks agoin for the photo. Pretty cool to see someone else as anal as I am ;)

Dan

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but does your ARC have a 1 watt Luxeon running at 400 mA?
naughty.gif

Here's my other 'keyring'... I keep my car key seperate from the rest because I kinda hate all those keys banging around my steering column while I take those crazy fast turns in my SVT Contour.
rolleye11.gif

IMG_1663a.JPG

D

DaiLukChai

I love my ARC AAA so much and has been used it in my keychain for 2 years.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sharper Image sells a similar type of system with the removable rings. The body is also an LED flashlight. They do sell extra rings.