Advice on Rechargeables for Nuwai

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I'm a new CPF member and what a great resouce this is! I'm thinking about using rechargeable batts in my Nuwai ALX-352L (and maybe TM301X-3).
Can someone please recommend a charger/batt combo that has worked for them?
Also, can I expect diminished output with rechargeables over CR123As?

Thanks for the help...

Ned-L

Enlightened
Have you looked at the rechargeables that batterystation.com sells? The batteries and the charger are a bit more affordable. However, I think they are only 750mAh so I don't think they will last as long as disposables and at least as indicated on Pila's web page, the Pila rechargeables look like they last as long as disposables. Someone else had a post that sounded like they used them with the Nuwai 352L. I e-mailed batterystation and they replied saying that they have many customers using their rechargeables in the Nuwai 352L. Search on 352 and you will find the other thread. I have almost made up my mind to purchase the Nuwai 352L and some rechargeables from batterystation. Please post again when you decide what rechargeable solution to use.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ned-L:

Thanks for the information. I'm also considering this combo from Lighthound:
http://www.lighthound.com/sales/rcr123_protected_rechargeable_battery_kit.php
I'm going to NY on vacation later this week so I won't be orderng until I return I'll let you know how things work out. I don't think the lessened battery life vs. CR123a will be an issue as I plan to use them during my nightly 20 min. hike.

Xygen

Enlightened
I'm looking for rechargeable batteries for my 352L too.
This lighthound page says, that Nuwai lights are not compatible with 3.6V rechargeable batteries. However, I don't know how old this page is.

But what do you think about a 3V battery + charger?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xygen said:
I'm looking for rechargeable batteries for my 352L too.
This lighthound page says, that Nuwai lights are not compatible with 3.6V rechargeable batteries. However, I don't know how old this page is.

But what do you think about a 3V battery + charger?

Must be outdated... I have been using bare RCR123's from BatterySpace.com to power my 352L for the last 6 months without any problems...

Dave

Xygen

Enlightened
Hey! Thanks for that info!
3.6V? protected/unprotected?
Do you have a link for us?
Thank you!