Hee hee... Best "Buy It Now" I've ever seen! Ever!

Flea Bag

Enlightened
:lolsign: Super-Cheap eBay auction for M3!!!

However, just in case someone doesn't read the fine print and decides to do a super impulse buy: BEWARE!!! PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT!!! (SHIPPING CHARGE)...

Oh dear goodness me... What is this guy trying to achieve?!

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Seriously though, I wonder how this guy got a 100% feedback assuming he used such "tactics" in the past. He probably didn't.

phatalbert

Enlightened
Haha, nice find! You'd think they could get it to faster than 5-7 days since you're paying 256 dollars for shipping :thinking:

This ebay shipping stuff is getting way out of hand. I don't know why there's not a policy against that.

jtice

Flashaholic
I am REALLY sick of this :toilet:

They do that cuz ebay doesnt take a % of the shipping, just the selling price.

Really pisses me off when they want to charge you $40 shipping,
then it arrives, and right on the box, it says $3.85 :ironic:

~John

Flea Bag

Enlightened
If eBay rules allow for some 'common sense' and if the seller is really pushed to justify the delivery cost, then can he provide the name of a delivery service out there which charges GBP147 to deliver a small flashlight?

Perhaps there is a policy against that but it could be a grey area. Afterall, if one were to 'go by the book' with eBay, the buyer has to look at the bidding information like a contract and if he didn't read the contract properly then too bad!

The seller also has the added advantage of only being charged a small eBay fee for the listing since the item technically only costs 0.99GBP. In light of this, I'm sure eBay will do something about the auction.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jtice is right. If the guy charges 147.01 pounds for the item and only $.99 pounds for shipping, he'll make less money than the way he's doing it now. After coming to understand why they do this, I am no longer against it. I DO, however thing they should put the whole price, including shipping, in the title.

Example: 6 Grams of Pure 24k gold *$115* shipped. Buy Now = $.01

At least, that way, people might be more included to investigate why the buy it now price is so cheap and yet the title has a much higher price stated.

BTW, I'm actually thinking of listing the above mentioned example....$110 for CPFer's! (hope this isn't against the rules...if it is, mods, remove it)

Donovan

Enlightened
This is DEFINITELY against eBay policies:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

Excessive Shipping & Handling

eBay encourages sellers to clearly describe the item and terms of shipping and delivery in their listings to avoid possible confusion.

A shipping and handling fee can cover the seller's reasonable costs for mailing, packaging and handling the item. However, shipping and handling fees may not be listed as a percentage of the final sale price.

When a bid is placed, the bidder is entering into an agreement with the seller to purchase the item, which most often means incurring reasonable shipping charges that may also include handling fees.

In the case of disagreements between buyers and sellers regarding shipping charges, eBay encourages the parties to try to work the matter out.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
* Listing cancellation
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Loss of PowerSeller status

Please report this guy here: http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...s for Sellers > Excessive Shipping & Handling

I am tired of sellers doing this!

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Thanks for clearing that up. It was very informative.

I'm glad to know that a "reasonable shipping" cost must be supplied by the seller to protect the buyer. However, I'm sure eBay is also interested in this area for the sake of taking a slice of the seller's cake.

phatalbert

Enlightened
Wow, I never thought about the money saving advantage of that. Still ticks me off though. :mad:

Stream

Enlightened
That's pretty outrageous, definitely report him!

Jtice,
I know how you feel. Recently I was charged $24 for shipping of two tiny items on ebay, when it arrived it said $1.60 on the package :mad:. For that price I was expecting FedEx or something. I'm still contemplating whether to leave negative feedback. But I think I'm gonna email him first, because I'm willing to forgive him for charging me $22.40 for handling if there are extenuating circumstances -- e.g. if he's a multiple amputee and he had to package it with his teeth and hop down to the post office lol.

wuyeah

Enlightened
I think GBP 147.01 shipping is through this technology "teletransport". After you pay, you will see the M3 right the way at your desk. Shipped directly from Hong Kong.

mckevin

Enlightened
While I am as tired of this practice as anyone else, if the shipping price and method was clearly listed in the auction when you bid he has nothing to justify and positive feedback is indicated if he did what he said he would...

IMHO

Stream said:
That's pretty outrageous, definitely report him!

Jtice,
I know how you feel. Recently I was charged $24 for shipping of two tiny items on ebay, when it arrived it said $1.60 on the package :mad:. For that price I was expecting FedEx or something. I'm still contemplating whether to leave negative feedback. But I think I'm gonna email him first, because I'm willing to forgive him for charging me $22.40 for handling if there are extenuating circumstances -- e.g. if he's a multiple amputee and he had to package it with his teeth and hop down to the post office lol.

Cypher

Enlightened
What if you found the product defective in some way and wanted to return it? I'm sure he would refund the full price of the item, relist it the same way, and happily take your shipping amount to the bank. Maybe I'm wrong.......I hope so.

mckevin

Enlightened
Don't want to make a "thing" out of this, but unless otherwise noted I consider ebay purchases to be pretty final. This seller doesn't say anything about a retrn policy, so I would assume that if he allowed a return he could indeed refund your money without the "shipping" charge (ouch).
I am not defending this practice, I consider it on the edge of dishonest, and will not usually buy from these guys. I am only saying that if he does what he says he will, there is no cause for negative feedback or requiring him to justify charges that you agreed to pay by placing the bid...

Latest posts