Arc LSH Mods??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitterman1970

Newly Enlightened
Howdy All!!
I just recently got into some nice LED lights (Arc LSH-P, Arc LSH-ST and a HDS Ultimate 60).

As much as I like the HDS (very handy) I love the Arc's and was wondering what possible mods there are available.I've already tried running the LSH-P on rechargeable 123's which it seems quite happy with (K bin) and Ive read that people are modding the lights but I'm not quite sure what these mods are?

Please enlighten me so my brain may expand!!
smile.gif

P.S. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
LitFuse can replace the stock Luxeon with a premium LuxIII, boost the drive current to 611mA, replace the optic with a reflector and replace plastic lens with glass.

Dan C

Enlightened
With the gurus on this forum, the sky's the limit! My personal favorite is running a reflector, Downboy 400/LuxIII, and a AA TSP pack bored to hold three 123's. I did this baby last year and am still on my first set of batteries, and she gets used regularly.

Dan C

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys :wave:

I charge $75 for the typical Arc LS mod. This includes a new TWOJ LuxIII emitter, boosted drive current (611mA typically, 500mA is also popular), modified 17mm reflector, UCL replacement lens, and Kroll conductivity tune-up with Caig ProGold contact enhancer.

I've done lots of these for fellow members, and haven't had anyone who wasn't thoroughly pleased with the results. The Arc LS is still a nice little package, and these mods really breathe some new life into this tried and true classic.

Peter

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter,

I see you have a link to your Arc LS Mods, but it still points out to the old forum. Do you have the new link handy ??

I also bought a Arc LS First Run (see it here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8710654679)
There's currently a 1,25 watter in there, so I'll be making "swappable" sanwiches in 3w and 5w format (Dan C, this is where your idea comes in handy)....

Which reflectors are recommended for First Runs ??

Dan C, did you bore 16mm or more to fir 3x123's ?? And did you increase depth also ?

Also GreenLed (or bitterman1970), how much DiNeRoWs ?

Thanks in advance guys !!
Cheers !

cy

Flashaholic
bombel, nice buy on the first run with all packs. would recommend leaving first run head alone.

first it's dificult to open without damaging HA. then once you open a first run. odds are you will destroy electronics. first runs (not hybrids) were potted in black epoxy. which breaks off parts when moved.

I've got empty first run bodies available to do mods with. please PM if interested.

another note is first run boards were voltage regulated with dual circuits and would suck last bit of power from cell. these boards would run better off single AA alk.

bitterman1970

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone out there could create a fully modded head for me.I'll explain.I have some spare battery holders (1aa ,2x2aa kroll and a twisty) and would like a modded head to use with them.BUT, I am worried about sending my Arc's of for modding as I have had things "evaporate" in the post.

It would also be nice to keep the two arc's I've got now and add a little friend to them.

Is there anyone who can do this, or would I have to buy the parts and try to do it myself ( which could be interesting as I still haven't found the instructions on my screwdriver!!) :)

Any help would be appreciated

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm up for one too if anyone decides to want to take this job ?

(maybe TW0H @ 667ma ?)

cy has empty Arc heads btw....

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
bitterman1970 & bombelman-

I have a couple of spare Arc LS heads that I could build for you with LuxIII, boosted board, UCL, etc. They would be $125 each including regular Airmail shipping. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Hi Jody! :wave:

Peter

Last edited:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am waiting for p.g to read all these arc-ls mod threads and bring them back into production.i have plenty of friends who want these lights but supply is non existant.
and i wont sell em mine!i still carry a heavily modded ls that i built from greykit and returned defect units and a very low number first run that wont get anywhere near a soldering iron or strapwrench.
i have several others scattered among toolkits and cars that i built from scraps that have come in very handy too.
anyone needing a mod can contact me esp if near dayton oh as i can repair the boards too.
now Peter its time to dust off the old blueprints and get to building more of these!

greenLED

Flashaholic
Peter (both of you), any chances of a two-stage version (Gransee), or mod (LitFuse?)?
Accepting rechargeable batts seems to be a growing trend ;)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Multiple brightness levels are more important as the maximum output of LEDs increase.

I am fan of R123s and have been using JSB's for the past year.

Peter

greenLED

Flashaholic
Gransee said:
Multiple brightness levels are more important as the maximum output of LEDs increase.

I am fan of R123s and have been using JSB's for the past year.

Peter

Thanks, Peter! You :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.