Death by Caffeine? ...

K A

Enlightened
Hmmm. 573.92 cans of Barq's Root Beer before croaking. Is there a bathroom nearby? :poof:

mahoney

Enlightened
A couple decades ago when I was in college, a guy living across the hall decided to make it through finals without sleeping by living on No-Doze and Mountain Dews. It worked for a while but he overdid it a bit and ended up in the Health Center. A couple of his friends counted up the empties. They could only find an LD50 dosage of caffeine for rats but they figured that by body weight, he was not far off it. He lived, but was sick as a dog for about 4 days.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could drink 300.93 cups of Starbucks Tall Cappuccino before croaking
309.78 cans of Coca-Cola C2 + You = Death
You could drink 234.06 cans of Diet Coke before croaking
After 191.50 cans of Mountain Dew, you'd be pushing up daisies

Surprised, diet coke's got more caffiene?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I'm getting conflicting information here.

Most info I can find lists LD50 for humans as 192g/kg if ingested orally (~13g for a 150lb person, ~21g for a 250lb person), yet one site with the g/kg figure says 1-4g is LD50 for humans.

I'm going to stick by a figure I've seen before - the average LD50 for the average person is ~20g - or about 80 caffiene pills (250mg/pill). I'm sure I had a bit more than 1g of caffiene over a 24-hr period driving home from Lake Tahoe just a few weeks ago, and I'm still rather alive.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
ARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHGH!

I am Corn-hole-lio! I need T-P for my...

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?

(you have to know your Beavis 'n Butthead lore to understand...)

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being 315 pounds, it would take a lot.

Reminds me of a skit on phil hendrie where he pretends to be dr dean o dell. Has a guy call in who drinks 15 cups of coffee a day and it hurts when he pees. He drinks no water or anything else. Dr Dean is stupidified and just responds by saying to send some literature.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
None of the data includes aquired tolerance! (which varies between individuals.) As to my 6 mugs-a-day, :nana: :D

Larry