New AAA 1x led light (not the ebay one)

ssteven1

Newly Enlightened
I was looking around and found this light for sale.

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/super-lamp-keychain-light-p-348.html

It seems nicely made for the price. It is close to same lenght and diameter as the arc and peak lug body and quite a bit smaller the the dorcy. I just ordered 5. I will post a mini review when i get them. For giveaways they seem hard to beat for the price. The price includes shipping. If you go to their wholesale site they are 1.99 with free shipping for orders over 200. I emailed the seller and he emailed back comfiring that they are white led and use aaa batteries. The package states the light part #is DC light fl110c

Has anybody tried this light.

Edit: I found another picture of the light apart from an another website.

The site is in chinese but has a good picture.

http://www.cnccw.com/product.asp?ID=599

Last edited:

dc

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
U could get this at a good price from Emilion at here.
I got 1 and they are bright enough for finding key holes and other minor usage.

Rgrds,
Daniel

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a few of these last year on ebay for about the same price
There not bad for a small light, the emitted light is slightly on the bluish purple side, thay are not super bright about as bright as a typical cr 2032 coin cell
light. They do have a fairly good runtime and are cheap to run, I run mine
of a 900 ma AAA NIMH cell with no problems at all.

notrefined

Enlightened
I've had both, and the newer one that popped up on ebay (with current GB running) is simply a nicer light. the one you're looking at is bigger, and less well made. For instance, I've dropped both from a 3rd story landing, and the one you describe did not survive...while the newer offering is still in my pocket. I also find the aesthetics somewhat lacking.

Not a bad light, but for a very similar price I think I'd go for the new one.

red_robby

Enlightened
i got about 5 of these lights, to put it in one word cheap, only one of them is still kicking...
two of them actually had the threaded tail end of the body tube snap right off...(the wall is way too thin)leaving me with a threaded ring and a bottomless tube.
the other two simply stoped working, i never bothered trying to figure out the reason, i figured if i get them going again, the tail will probably just snap off on them too.

balazer

Enlightened
These are decent little lights, a tad brighter than the Sona Enterprises 1AAA, but much bluer. I like the physical design. The machining is very clean and precise. The aluminum finish scratches easily. It's slightly larger than the Sona, but smaller than the Dorcy. The internal construction of the electronics is bizarre. It looks like the inductor is hand wound, and some of the electrical contacts are held only by glue. I'm not surprised that people are reporting failures.

Ultimately the Sona is a better light: smaller, whiter, tougher finish, more water resistant, and more resiliant.

The "DC" light is not suited for modding by replacing the LED, however it makes a fine host if you want to replace the LED and the electronics with something else. If you could get a seal between the LED and the bezel, you could make the whole thing quite water resistant.

Latest posts