Talk about Disheartening

scrappy

Enlightened
I collect alot of things, but flashlights have been my "thing" for the last three years. I treat them so well. As you can tell I am not really a "user" as much as a "collector". Anyway, I store them nicely, I don't bang them around, if in a pocket, its the only thing in my pocket, no scratches, etc. etc. etc. I had a nice arc premium AAA for a year, sitting in a draw. Finally, I said, what the hell, put it on my key ring and use it. I did.

Three days later I lost my keys. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm 33 years old and I can't for the life of me remember some things. I feel so disorganized. If I don't say to myself, as I'm putting something down, "HERE ARE MY KEYS", or "HERE ARE MY GLASSES", I inevitably spend the first hour of the next day trying to find the item... Life just has a way of running you ragged, (and I don't even have kids yet). When does it slow down, how do you slow it down. Me and my wife are always running late for something... Can't take it anymore.

The keys, man they are gone. I don't know how or where, but they are gone. What a bad day. I'm glad it was that light though opposed to any more expensive light...

Rich

AlecGold

Enlightened
I know, I know, we 30-something year olds are gettin old, so old.

But indeed, it could have been worse, one of the few U85's that where dangling on the keychain.

What I do to keep the memory running is to drink some Ginseng. It tasts like well, eeehm, I don't want to say it, but it comes out of a chicken and it is not the breakfast thing.

If that doesn't work? Go for a long, long holliday! Stop running around earn a little buck less, oke, this is going to hurt, but it is nececary: don't buy a light for a while, just kick back, put the boots on the desk and grab a Guiness, light up a good Havana with an HID-lamp and relax a bit.
It does wonders for your memory!

But I'm sorry to hear about your loss of the ARC AAA P. That really sucks!

Alex.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm 62 1/2, and I don't have any memory, uh, what was the question anyway.

Post-it-Notes RULE !

*Bryan*

Enlightened
I am 32 and keep things in plain sight so I don't lose them. My keys are the most misplaced things I have. I either keep them on the coat rack or at the bottom of the stairs. That way I will not lose them.......Now, the wife doesn't like that and then moves them.............hence, me losing my keys :awman:

turbodog

Flashaholic
I have figured out the key problem.

Just leave them in your vehicle's ignition.

Now if I can find my truck I'll be good.

LouRoy

Enlightened
I used to do some work in a place called the Fan near downtown Richmond. It is close to a university and everyone has a hard time finding a parking place on the street. People who live in the houses there probably park in a different place on a different street each day.

One day I met a man I knew as he wandered the streets. He could not remember where he had parked his car and was wandering around looking for it. I guess he eventually found it...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I was going to post a reply, but can't remember what I was going to say! :D

Bummer - first of all losing your keys, but with an ARC AAA on them!! :ohgeez:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I lost my cell phone last week. Mrs. AJ Dual was certainly giving me a hard time about it, seeing as it's the FIFTH phone I've lost or destroyed in as many years. It's a blessing the carriers have the free phone or rebate every year or so, so we can usualy get a replacment for me at little or no cost.

Fall 2001

Sanyo. Left it at home during lunch break. Dog finds it and chews it up, because it smelt of me…

Winter 2001

LG Flip-Phone. Lost somewhere in the snow on the way to work, getting in and out of my car most likely.

Spring 2002

Sanyo. I "inherited" my wife's Sanyo when I lost the LG, as I didn't "deserve" the new phone this time… Screen got cracked when I smashed it into something while it was clipped to my belt. Was still readable but I got a replacment when the next free phone came up…

Fall 2003

Samsung flip phone. I never lost this one! Yay… Got a new phone because this one constantly had bad signal and dropped calls, even when the store re-programmed it for me. Found it in the junk drawer this summer, I took out the battery, crazy glued the body back together, and gave it to our 1 year old twins to play with as they want our phones so badly when they see them.

Fall 2005.

Nokia (My first color LCD Woo-hoo) Lost it last week after almost two years, my best run yet. :(

I do not have a good track record with phones. So I know how you feel. I want a Treo/Palm phone with the Bluetooth so I can connect to my PC and use the wireless headset etc. but I can't possibly justify anything other than the next free phone Sprint is handing out since I'm liable to lose it within a year or so... At least phones progress in features just like PC's so next years cheapo free phone has something nice about it that was only in high end models the year before.

But when you drop or lose your phone somehow or somewhere, unless it's destroyed, it's not hard for someone to turn it in at the nearest business, or call a few numbers in the phone book to see who's it is. So whoever found it kept it, or just thew it away... Either that, or I actualy do have the phone somewhere under my control, but it's so well hidden I'll never find it. Both possibilities irk me to no end...

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gingko Biloba, less stress and a pad and pen.

I'm serious about the Gingko. I was so concerned about memory (I'm 61) about a year ago I visited my very conservative MD. He did the tests and thankfully found nothing organic. He put me on the GB. It has helped a lot.

I was going to end this with a smartass comment about the two small lights that are "lost" somewhere in my house. One is a new InfUltra and I'll be damned if I can remember what the other one is. It's this kind of memory blank that makes me crazy.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:
I've got a photographic memory but I don't have any film.

. .
crackup.gif
. .
yellowlaugh.gif
. .
rollin.gif
. .
thinking.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
"I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on tape someplace."

wmirag

Enlightened
I hope you don't mind, but here is some unsolicited advice:

I have an absolutely terrible memory, especially for "little things". In order to live a productive life, I developed a simple system. When at all possible, I put things down in exactly the same place every time, even if it's a few steps away. The time "lost" in this ritual is nothing compared to the time lost in trying to find something misplaced or going to the store to replace something truly lost. I have a wood shop with perhaps 250 tools and untold numbers of accessories. Being so busy on real work, I haven't been in there in months. But if you blindfolded me and asked me to find ANY tool or minute accessory in there, the habit of 15 years placing these tools in exactly the same spot every time will allow me to find it. I'm not exaggerating.

I hope this helps.

W.

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Big Iron,

I agree about the paper and pen. My boss got me started on that and I have been carrying a notebook for years at work. I write everything down in it and it makes is easy to remember things. Also makes it easier to go back in time about different jobs, meetings etc......

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
GlowRings and Tethers a winning combination. :D Any light I want to keep is tethered to my pants so as long as I'm wearing them I'm safe. :green:

I've got some new smaller retractable tethers, not pictured, that are pretty nice but the ones from Berkley Point get the most use.

key2medium8ij.jpg

tetherssmall6df.jpg

I hope you find your keys and light.

-LT

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal_Tic said:
Any light I want to keep is tethered to my pants so as long as I'm wearing them I'm safe. :green:

Until the tether breaks. I just lost a good light that was on a lanyard around my neck. I happened to look in the mirror at the end of the day, and what did I see - :poof: a lanyard with no flashlight on it .
thinking.gif
rain.gif
. :mad:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well like I said, if I'm still wearing pants I've got the light. The connection to the pants is such that it would likely rip the pants off me before the tether broke. :D

-LT

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Like Lunal said, glowrings can help you find your keys if you turn out the lights. I am ordering a glowring for my keys. I have an arc on order for my keys too. :grin2:

Since glowrings require no external power source, they are always on. Thus, when you lose your keys, you will eventually see the beacon. It's fool proof!

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Lunal-

Your keys are out of control. Your key-to-toy ratio is horrible.:ohgeez:

Im gonna start a post about this.