Opinion on 2c rock river metal led light

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked this up over the radiant 2c light by inova for a christmas gift. It has more weight and is metal and seemed like a good gift. Its the same price as the radiant c series from inova.

Looks like it has a magnifier bubble lens than a reflector. Worried it wont have the throw the inova would. Anyone tried one of these out? I hate for it to suck and hate to open it to find out.

THanks

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one... mostly because I thought it looked TOO pretty in the package! The metalwork and finish are very impressive for the price.

The beam is... of limited use. Some have mentioned the fact that stray light is less likely to enter someone's eyes unexpectedly or unintentionally, but that's about the end of positives. It's not super bright. I had an X0 and have a T3 and both are radically brighter than this.

Actually, here are some beam shots comparing the Inova X1 to the River Rock 2C. The River Rock looks like it is about four times as bright as the X1 but the size of the spots are almost identical. In real world use, indoors, the River Rock puts out enough light that just general reflections help it light up a room, though dimly. The X1 of course does almost nothing as far as lighting up anything outside of its tight stop.

Shots are from 15 feet.

IMG_1772%20River%20Rock%202Ca.jpg

IMG_1773%20Inova%20X1a.jpg

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not many people seem to like the tight beam - or at least not many of the people who state an opinion like the tight beam - but the spotlight thing is relatively novel, it lets you ceiling bounce will little worry of blinding yourself and it does as good a job of cutting through fog as a blue-tinted beam could. I haven't gotten around to doing a run-time test yet, but i'm thinking that with 2xC it's not all that bad even though they're alkaline.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I bought one and kinda don't like it. It's not that bright as I thought it would be. Plus, the lack of sidespill makes this flashlight limited in its use.

10mmWiseman

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for a few weeks and I really like it.

It has a very cool look and very good run times. RR claims over 8 hours and I am about 4 hours in a the included Duracells and so far so good. I don't know if it will go 8 hours but it's not showing any signs of needing changing soon.

The beam does take some getting used to but it is still very usable, the throw and output is not bad either. RR claims 42 lumens and just by guessing I would say it is close to that. It is hard to tell though because of the odd beam it has.

It's a utility light and it will serve this purpose well.