Tri-lux heatsink for Maglite Rechargeable?

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any tri-lux heatsink available for the Maglite Rechargeable? The Shoppe sells a tri-lux heatsink for Maglite D-cell flashlights, but I don't know whether they fit the Maglite Rechargeable (I asked them but they don't answer their e-mails).

Please help :)

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specifications of the Maglite Rechargeable
Specifications of the Maglite D-cell

D-cell head diameter is 57mm, Rechargeable head diameter is 58,72mm.

The D-cell barrel diameter is equal to the barral diameter of the Rechargeable, it's 39.67mm.

Can someone check whether a D-cell head fits a Rechargeable? If a trilux heatsink isn't available for the Rechargeable, I can use a D-cell head to make the LED modification if the D-cell head fits the Rechargeable's barrel.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can't interchange parts from the magcharger.. the head is not threaded on.. it uses a clever clip-in locking mechanism.. the frame around the reflector holds the head on the light.. the head does not move in/out when turning like the standard mags.. it just rotates in a continuous circle.

I will be designing a heatsink for the magcharger soon but 'soon' means in a month or two when i'm caught up on nanos and other things. I will be making a 'BAM' for magcharger.. it's a great host.

-awr

Timson

Enlightened
I think the Magcharger is best kept as it is..... or upgraded with a WA1160.....

Seems like a waste of a pretty good stock system.
Don't get me wrong ...I'm a big Luxeon fan -

Just think you'd be best off buying a $20 2D Mag to mod with a tri-sink.

Just my 2 penneth.

Tim

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
'til the 4-lux bam mod for the mag charger is out.. comparable output to the 1160, no burning out.. and dimmable... much more usuable light for anything closer than 30-40 feet away.

However, the mag c is an awesome host and totall gimmie for the 1160.

-awr