Craftsman 3D Tool light - How does it compare?

jwl

Enlightened
I'm new to LED flashlights as this is my first LED flashlight. I'm referring to the Craftsman 3D 1 watt Luxeon.

How does it compare to the other LED flashlights out there, preferrably ones in the under $100 catagory? Any suggestions for my next light, I'm thinking Dorcy 3D 1 watt Luxeon.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... there are so many good LED lights out there right now for very affordable prices... The Fenix, the Nuwai Q3, the Sam's Element... For a bit dimmer lights we have the River Rock 2xAAA and both the single stage and two stage Nuwai 1xAA lights which are very similar to the River Rock. For larger lights, the new style Dorcy 3D Super 1W (new style is greenish and has rubber grip and bezel, old style is all black) is great.

I haven't bought one of the Craftsman 3D lights but own a Dorcy Super 1W and several modded Mags including a 3D with the bulb from one of the Craftsman 3xAAA lights and I must say that I like the Dorcy so much, that I just don't think the Craftsman could be much better. Maybe more rugged for very harsh environments and/or users, but I suspect the Dorcy will hold up as well.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i've seen the Craftsman 3D for sale in stores but never seen it in action. i'm assuming it will be about the same as my ARC4. i think for a 1w light in a 3D body is alittle big for my taste, but i was almost tempted to buy the Craftman 3D cause it looked cool and i had some Sears gift certificate. i ended up buying a Mastercraft screwdriver for my dad instead.
if you want something ALOT smaller then the Dorcy 3D body i've seen Dorcy selling a 1w using one cr123 battery and a 3w using 3AAA at my local London Drugs. prices were about $30-$35 for the 1w and $44 for the 3w, both are in canadian prices. i think those 2 and the 1w 3AAA have the best looking bodies.
http://www.dorcy.com/led.htm