10,000 Lumens for under $10?!?!

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 10,000 Lumes for under $10?!?!

yeap.... if it was 10,000 lumens, ppl here would have bought the whole lot of it :)

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local camping store has a few of these lights. They are actually pretty solid and dirt cheap. 10,000 lumens? NOT A CHANCE!

Go to target and find the River Rock 0.5 watt lights (2xAAA).

Cmoore

Enlightened
As some of you may have noted, I'm a bit tough on manufacturers' false advertising regarding lumen output.

PM to the Federal Trade Commission on this joker!

goldenlight

Enlightened
Yup, I had to look at the auction too. :rant::huh::thinking::wtf:

So are those the new *metric* lumens?

And the seller uses a cheezy *model* to hold the flashlights, rather than show a close-up of them. (The lights......I mean.....)

Let's see: 10,000 lumens from 3 AAA batteries. Burn time: 2.2 seconds?

Perhaps the case is made of pure magnesium, and the 3AAA cells produce enough heat (how...?) to ignight the case? That might give you 10,000 lumens for about 15 seconds or so.

Now, I've got a little widget you put in the air intake of your car that increases your horsepower by 10% AND increases your gas mileage by 15%!

They only cost $25, and they are guaranteed, too!

See, they use a secret technology that mone of the auto manufacturers can comprehend.......sort of like how an 8 LED flashlight running on 3AAA cells can deliver 10,000 lumens.

Hey, it's eBay. Why not claim 100,000 lumens? :sick2: :sick2: :sick2:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldenlight said:
Now, I've got a little widget you put in the air intake of your car that increases your horsepower by 10% AND increases your gas mileage by 15%!

They only cost $25, and they are guaranteed, too!

See, they use a secret technology that mone of the auto manufacturers can comprehend.......sort of like how an 8 LED flashlight running on 3AAA cells can deliver 10,000 lumens.

Bah! I have $50 stickers that you paste on the outside of your car and they do that! And their effect is cumulative! Who needs widgets... :D

On a slightly more serious note, aren't ebayers supposed to be held to some (admittedly marginal) standard about truth in advertising? Doesn't this expose the buyer to the possibility that someone would file claim to "item not significantly as described"? Inflating a lumen figure by as much as 50% might still be possible to get away with (since not everybody has an integrating sphere) but 10K lumens, now THAT is tremendously hard to pull off.