LED Candles Battery Operated

Xenon

Enlightened
Just won a set of these candles on the bay. Looks realistic on photo, the candle flickers too! No wax, no mess!

Has anyone bought or tried them, how real do they look in reality.

ledcandle.gif

5candlesglass.jpg

Cool Hand

Newly Enlightened
[font=&quot]I can see this place is going to be trouble. I ordered two. I'll post some impressions when they arrive.[/font]

Tritium

Enlightened
Phaserburn said:
Good price. What kind of batteries do they take? Runtime? Do they flicker?

2 AAA batteries and they appear to have two leds running on an async multivibrator circuit. (flicker quite nicely and with a random appearance like an actual flame) Runtime on mine seems about a week but I have not had them long enough to gather much runtime data.

Thurmond

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a bunch of them - both the smaller 1 watt version and the larger 2 watt version. I have shown them off many times as windproof candles. I blow like crazy into the candle and it doesn't go out. People are amazed at how wind proof they are.

Not a single person has ever guessed that they were not regular flame candles. They always feel a bit silly when I show them that it is an LED and not a real flame.

FYI - 1 watt is frosted plastic with the switch on the top. 2 watt is frosted glass with the switch on the bottom.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimH said:
I have a bunch of them - both the smaller 1 watt version and the larger 2 watt version. I have shown them off many times as windproof candles. I blow like crazy into the candle and it doesn't go out. People are amazed at how wind proof they are.

Not a single person has ever guessed that they were not regular flame candles. They always feel a bit silly when I show them that it is an LED and not a real flame.

FYI - 1 watt is frosted plastic with the switch on the top. 2 watt is frosted glass with the switch on the bottom.

JimH, 1W and 2W? Can you explain? Neither candle should draw that kind of power. I'm sure I'm missing something here. Where did you get them? Can you supply a link?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks. LED Museum posted that his test unit (which may or may not be the same as your link - do you know?) was sensitive to a drop in voltage. So, even though the batteries would power the light for many hours, it would stop flickering after only an hour or two. What have you noticed in your lights? Do they run all the way as described by the vendor to the extent of runtime while still flickering?

Xenon

Enlightened
Its looks kind of fun, can't wait for mine to arrive. I didn't know the flickering effect is so sensitive to low voltage or could you have a malfunction unit Craig? Anyway hope these runs on rechargeables as I have lots of AAA.

Ordered another type (votives) which runs on CR2450. Christmas is coming, getting addicted to candles. :sssh:

glire

Enlightened
I purchased a pack of 5 from LCK-LED.
They run for days under 2 AAA. I use them with rechargeables.
They're realistic if you leave them inside the frosted glass

But they're too dim for my taste.
0.5W candles with 12 hours runtime under 2AA should be ideal IMHO.

Xenon

Enlightened
glire said:
I purchased a pack of 5 from LCK-LED.
They run for days under 2 AAA. I use them with rechargeables.
They're realistic if you leave them inside the frosted glass

But they're too dim for my taste.
0.5W candles with 12 hours runtime under 2AA should be ideal IMHO.

Hi glire, just to clarify do these candles 'runs for days' with the flickering effect?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
What have you noticed in your lights? Do they run all the way as described by the vendor to the extent of runtime while still flickering?

Funny you should ask. I was showing them to some friends at work yesterday and forgot to turn them off. When I came in this morning (approx 20 hrs later) they appeared just as bright and were still flickering.

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

Is LCK-LED.COM a good company to deal with? I want to order 10 of these for my Alzheimer's care facility. I think the residents would dig it and enhance the mood of dinner.

Mahalo,
Dave