My wife needed a work flashlight...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife recently got a new job which requires her to visit and inspect jobsites. Her new boss assigned her a 2 D cell orange plastic industrial flashlight. When she told me this I laughed and gave her my E1L. I will not have my wife use a mass produced catalogue light! The story gets better! One of her co-workers says she needs a real light and shows her his black G2. And my wife immediately says, "Is that a Surefire?" Thats my girl. He is taken by surprise and asks how do you know. My wife then tells them about my addiction er hobby. She then shows off her E1L and they get all geeked up and immediately go to the Surefire website. I wish I could have been there.

So naturally I have to replace my E1L. I just received a E1e courtesy of the good folks at Lighthound. I'm a incan man at heart and this will be a perfect backup light.

Thanks for sharing my story

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a great story. It looks like you gave her your E1L just in the nick of time! I like the part where you say, "and they get all geeked up"....nice wording. That'd be great if they all needed to use their flashlights together and their batteries ran down and your wife's was still going strong. I hope something like that happens.

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
Wait til she decides she needs flashlight supremacy at work, and decides a U2 is much more suitable...:laughing:

LowWorm

Enlightened
I'm still waiting for the day when I run into a fellow flashaholic by accident and we get a chance to get "all geeked up." :rock:

So far, my most memorable run-in flashlight-wise has been with a neighbor who had to evacuate her family from her home during a blackout because the only portable light she had in the whole house was from the screen on her cell phone. :laughing:

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
LowWorm said:
So far, my most memorable run-in flashlight-wise has been with a neighbor who had to evacuate her family from her home during a blackout because the only portable light she had in the whole house was from the screen on her cell phone. :laughing:

I've seen way too many kids in high school and college doing that. Using a dim screen as light to find something on the ground. When will they ever learn?

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
My wife recently went to a fireworks party, she asked to borrow a flashlight, so I gave her one of our kids's 2AA no-name lights, thinking she just needed it for a little light in her friend's garden. She actually wanted one to light the track TO her friend's place..... but she didn't tell me this ! I could have lent her my new M4, but she would have complained that the batteries only lasted 20 minutes (although she would have appreciated the heat that the thing radiates when in use !!). I'm getting her a black G2 for Christmas (thought about a 6P, but the G2 will be lighter).

And I still remember the time I caught her using my razor sharp Spyderco Military to gouge candle wax out of a candle holder, I can't remember whether I was more concerned for her fingers, or the length of time it would take me to re-sharpen it !!

:touche: