BEWARE the X80 Sure Fire lamp

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I recently purchased a 8AX HA Surefire. I have used it for only about 1-2 hours max.

I part time as a sheriff reserve.

During a arrest Fri. night the lamp exploded.
My exact comments at the time are not publishable here
confused.gif

If the durn hadn't cost so much it probably would have gotten a free flying lesson.

Emailed Sure Fire sunday but have not received response. I gues the old adage let the buyer beware is quite right.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

As tempting as this is, nope I had never dropped or otherwise jarred the lamp. It was sort the blind leading the drunk
grin.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Sure Fire in no way is a buyer beware. It's a holiday weekend give them time to get back after the holidays and you should hear from them.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry if I gave the impression tha tI was bashing sure fire, not my intent.
My intent was after reading post here and other boards that surefire might have vendor/supplier/internal problem with the x80 lamp.
I know sure fire is a solid company and understand that with the holidays it might be a couple of days.

Sorry for the confusion,

Rich

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've found the opposite. I've damaged a B90 trying to break the X80 in the 8NX. These SureFire lamps are amoung the most stable having been developed over many years. However it's a bulb and bulbs (as the LED guys will tell you) bulbs will fail.

1)Test your bulbs atleast one battery cycle before deploying. This is especially important for WeaponLights. Test at the range or in your yard, walking your dog or whatever.

2)Carry a back up light and/or lamp.

I suggest you call SureFire (it's free!)

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ive had Mag-Chargers and SureFires and i found that the lamp element is more susceptible (lamp failure) when the light has been in use for an extended period of time or the light is on at the time of impact, I have yet to see a bulb that can take the abuse in the field. Ive never had to file a warranty claim with *SureFire (knock on wood). Lets hope thier customer service is more dependable than the lamps they put in thier flashlights.
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ive had Mag-Chargers and SureFires and i found that the bulb is more susceptible to "exploding bulbs or blown bulbs" when the light has been in use for an extended period of time, I have yet to see a bulb that can take the abuse in the field. Blame the bulb not the flashlight..
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sure Fire support responded today. GREAT JOB.
I wish every company had the support that Sure Fire does.

They said they were having vendor problems and they would ship a replacement today.

Rich