Kraplakistan Deployment - weapon lights, etc - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warleader

Newly Enlightened
I just found out that I may be deploying to Kraplakistan or some similar God-forsaken place, and I needed some suggestions on equipment.

I have some great small personal lights - ARC AAA-P ver 4, ARC AAA UV & colors, ARC AA, ARC LS, CMG Ultra-G, Inova T3, Nuwai Q3. I'm waiting for Warren to finish his JIL extensions, so I can have a JIL that can take AAs too.

I was thinking of picking up a Surefire U2 Ultra and/or a L4 LumaMax. I would perfer to go LED only. Furthermore, I don't know if these are only set up as flashlights or can be mounted for use on weapons?

Regarding weapons, we're getting M-4 carbines and M9 pistols - need suggestions on weapon mounted lights or lights that can be mounted.

The Surefire M600 Scout Light looks very interesting . . . . It looks like an L4 Digital LumaMax with a different tailcap and tube. I assume that's a K4 head they use.

I may need an infared filter or illuminator . . . don't know if we're getting NVGs.

Laser sights . . . any suggestions.

I'm also thinking of having someone mod me a ARC LS so that it's up to current technological standards as far a brightness, maybe with H3 vials built in so I can find the darned thing . . . any suggestions?

I'd like to get the biggest bang for the buck . . . . plus I need to get as much and varied use from what I take, since I can't carry everything I would like on my back.

Thanks!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a sticky on the top for Iraq deployment lights. I'm closing this thread, and you can read/post the sticky for suggestions.

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.