REQ: Comparison Fenix L1P vs. TNC KeyLux AA 350 ma

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Fenix and love it, but was wondering what the extra ~$80 the TNC KeyLux AA 350 ma would get me. I think they are both ~350ma. I also think they both use R-binned Lux1's. So the output should be about the same, correct? Does the bigger looking head on the TNC create a brighter hotspot? I'm guessing it's a bigger head and not a slimmer body. Maybe it's both? :shrug: How do the clickies compare?

Anybody got pics of the two next to each other? Maybe some beamshot too? TIA.

Last edited:

Grubbster

Enlightened
I have had both but currently only have the Fenix. The TNC was without a doubt a better quality light. Beautiful machining and finish. It had a twisty cap and there are some questions as to the durability of it because it relies on the anodizing to prevent electric flow, which can wear off with time. To me the clickie for this light is terrible. It looks like a Kroll with a bunch of metal around it. Not very appealing. The beams I did not compare because I didn't have them at the same time, but I would think there would not be much noticeable difference. Overall, I would take two Fenix and a butt load of AA batteries over the TNC and still spend less money.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one of the first TNC AA's that ran at 200 ma.

The body of the TNC that I had was very nicely made but other than the quality of the body, you won't be getting much more in terms of useability and performance.

Latest posts