X5T? TID?

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Ok heres the Q:

Whats the difference between the X5 (which I can get at any Target) and the X5T?

What I do know:

I was able to learn through CPF that TID stands for Tactical Impact Device.

Also:

If thats what the "T" stands for, does that mean that if I clip it to my 12 gague that it will not break?... or more importantly, will other non-stabilized LED lights break if they arent rated for such use? If the X5T is a mod for the X5, who makes it?

Thx.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
pfmedic said:
Ok heres the Q:

Whats the difference between the X5 (which I can get at any Target) and the X5T?
Thx.

I believe the X5T had HAIII, and a larger lanyard hole. I also think it was unmarked, but I could be getting it mixed up with the the countrycom version.

I dont think the X5 would be bright enough to mount on a shotgun, but Its a great light. I've droped mine more then 30 feet onto cement, and watched it be throwen stright into a brick wall. It came out with nothing but a few scratchs.

Most luxeon lights should be alright to mount on a shotgun, but a shock isolated bezle would be best (see surefires 'M' line)

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
So the X5T is not an Inova mod? Who makes it?

I know all about the surefire line. Im not a fan of incan though:crazy:... mostly because replacing bulbs sucks big rocky mountain oysters.

Maybe I'll put a T2 on my shotgun.:naughty: