Best sounding Micro system help????

dtsoll

Enlightened
Hey all,
Anybody out there have a Micro sized stereo they would like to recommend?? I guess they are called bookshelf systems to be exact, anyway I want something small that is loud and sounds great. Anyone have a Denon M31S for example?? It looks good anyway. I have a full sized system and the speakers are Infinity's I bought in 1986, took the covers off the other day and the foam is rotting around the speakers themselves, time to downsize and maybe upgrade, your help is muchly appreciated. Less than 500 bucks is an absolute must! Doug:)

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Doug,

I recently purchased a set of Logitech z-5500 speakers and love them. They don't compare to more expensive higher end products, but for the price and what they do is amazing. They do Dolby Digital, DTS and stereo(no surround affects,hall,stadium and so forth). They also come with a 10" subwoofer, remote and offer a digital coax, optical and three stereo inputs. I'm not sure if your looking for this type of surround system or more as a tabletop music system, but for the price they ROCK!! I'm considering putting a set in my living room. As far as volume and the ability to produce bass, this system is killer.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10380059&loc=101&sp=1

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had that Denon for many years and love it, have it installed in the kitchen (I use a surround system in the living room). Btw, the latest version of it is M35.
It is very important to have good speakers, expect to pay the same for good speakers as for the Denon. I use B&W DM303, but would have gotten B&W DM601 S3 if I were going to buy today. If you are going to have the speakers in a bookshelf then they should have the bass port in the front.

Sigbjoern

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lurv,

B&W are my favorite speakers. I have my eyes set on a pair of 802's, but won't be able to afford them for about a billion years. I heard a set of 801 Matrix's about 20 years ago and knew this was THE brand. After twenty years my mind hasn't changed. I currently own a pair of 601 S2's and love them. The series 3's are great for small systems and are very reasonably priced.