Which one?

Freedom Fighter

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys sorry I have been gone so long. But I finally have a budget and am going to buy a surefire. :rock: But out of three I dont know which one to get.
I am interested in the L1 lumamax,9P and E2E Executive elite.
Any advice will be welcome.:grin2:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, those are three pretty different lights... What are you primarily going to be using the light for?

Personally, I'd rather have an L1 or even an E1L for compactness but if I was doing a lot of outdoor work, the 9P would likely work better.

Luxman

Enlightened
As cratz2 asked...what will it mainly be used for?

But, in general I would prefer the L1. No problem with light bulb needing replacement and the 2 light levels are very handy. The low light level will not hurt your night vision as bad, save battery power and is better for reading.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree with cratz2. You somewhat have apples and oranges there to some degree.

Only reason I must comment without knowing more about your intended need or use is I just got An E2E recently. It is not my first SF, but I am pretty amazed and exceptionally happy with the E2. It is small, solid and bright.

If this is to be your first SF, I think the E2E is the best choice. Great size for EDC. The 9P is a little big for most people to pocket comfortably. Clickie tailcap which is my preference. The L1 and 9P are twisties.

The E series bodies are the basis for many interchangeable SF parts. For example if you shop around on eBay or B/S/T lights here on CPF, you can pick up a KL1 head for about $40. Gives you an E2E and an E2L.

No wrong choices on your list, just different.

Mark

Kershaw

Enlightened
Why don't you buy a SF U2? It has six brightness settings, over 80 lumens output (Surefire is being conservative saying its 80 lumens) and it is useful for investigating things that go bump in the night, to looking for something under your couch.

scuba

Enlightened
Hard to explain but there is still something "fun" about the E2e in my opinion. All good choices though.

Freedom Fighter

Newly Enlightened
all the information is very welcome guys:). even though the L1 is at the top
of my budget it sounds like a really good light. As for what I am going to be using it for probably camping and general purpose. Maybe self-defense if it comes down to it (you know what i mean). And the fact that you dont have to buy bulbs is a plus for me. As for the U2 i would love to have one but that is way over my budget.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
I would get the E2E. It is a super starter light and a great all around light. The reason it is so good as a started is that it is so modular. You can get it now, and it is a great light as is. But later you can add a KL1 (making it pretty much like an L1) or a KL4 (making it basically an L4) to it. If you do that you can also add a two stage tailcap to give you two output levels with either LED head. And the incandescent that comes with it really has a beautiful beam. So I would start with that and add to it as you are able to and want to do so.

Kris

Newly Enlightened
Good advice from everyone. The new L1 is nice but the new ones have a very tight beam, if you buy one you might want to try a F04 Beamshaper from Surefire. The L1 is a great light but GadgetTravel is also correct that the E2E is a great place to start.

For self-defense the best light of the three would be the 9P, it would also be a nice light for camping if you want a light with really good throw (the 9P is a great light at a great price). I have owned an older style 9P for several years and it's still one of my favorite lights.

CLHC

Flashaholic
You cannot go wrong with either one. For all around use and EDCing, maybe SureFire's E2e might fit your needs. Besides that and as already mentioned here, you can "upgrade" to the LED replacement head for really long runtimes. If incandescents is what you want to stay with for the time being, the E2e comes with the stock 60 Lumen output lamp assembly and you can get the 25 Lumen output lamp assembly to swap accordingly with a spares carrier to boot!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Freedom Fighter

Newly Enlightened
I just made my first real flashlight purchase.:rock:
Abrand spankin new E2e executive elite hard anodized from Sports World Inc. for 74 dollars. Thanks everyone for all the information in helping me make my purchase. I look fowards to one day owning a collection.:grin2:
:thanks: