Could someone recommend a place to purchase Pelican M6 3W or Pentagon L2?

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to purchase either the Pelican M6 3W or Pentagon L2 / X2.
Could you please recommend a place with good rep. and price?
Thanks.

cy

Flashaholic
I've got a pentagon 2x 123 that been bored out to accept 18650. perfect for 3watt led dropin

Please PM if interested

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
Cy,
I don't even know what that means :)
Can you tell me a bit about it?
I thought the x2 and l2 had the same body and u can interchange the heads?

cy

Flashaholic
Pentagon has a thick body. currently one of hottest mods is to lathe out body to accept 18650 li-ion cell.

will give aprox. 2 hours runtime on bright. Surefire U2 supports 18650.

X2 comes with halagen bulb, but will accept 3watt drop-in module. completely changing pentagon light into a long running luxeon light.

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
I think I saw BatteryStation.com offter Pelcian M6 w/ free 10 pack CR123A for 59.00

not2bright

Enlightened
Mikhail said:
I think I saw BatteryStation.com offter Pelcian M6 w/ free 10 pack CR123A for 59.00

Mikhail,

That is the regular Pelican M6 LED (1 watt, no regulation, no hard anodize). The Pelican M6 3W HA is model 2390 (a little further down the page on BS.com) and costs $99.

The PentagonLight L2 is available from highmarketgoods.com (ebay store) for around $69. IMO this is the better of these two lights and costs a good bit less.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
owenbright said:
I'm looking to purchase either the Pelican M6 3W or Pentagon L2 / X2.
Could you please recommend a place with good rep. and price?
Thanks.

Why don't just get an Inova T3 for almost half of the price asked for the M6?
For that money, you can even get a T4, which is a state-of-the-art Li-Ion rechargeable light.

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
If you don't mind spending a little more money get the pelican m6 3w ha. then buy yourself the pm6 xenon bulb. you'll get two lights this way just by swapping out the bulbs. xenon for distance and led for runtime.

You can't by the pelican led to drop in the PM6 xenon. I tried, so your better off to either buy the 3w ha for $100 or buy the pm6 xenon for $35 and then buy the bug out gear 3w for another $35 (I think they are cheaper now).

Can't go wrong with this combination. I Have it and use it all the time.

sorry forgot to answer the origianl question. Battery station is the place to get it. they also sell cr123 for $1 ea to CPF members. Good quick service.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, owenbright.

BrightGuy, a favorite dealer of many here, has the Pelican M6 3W on "special" for $85. Always reliable service. A couple hours spent scanning their nifty website will be a very educational experience for you.

Brightflashlights (not to be confused with BrightGuy), carries all the Pentagon lights. I've had great buying experiences with them (great prices, fast shipping) on Surefires, Streamlights, etc. Best way to access Brightflashlights is via their page on the AR-15.com website, or e-mail: [email protected], or phone Calvin direct @ (352)732-2156.

BatteryStation is a great dealer, too. Can't go wrong with any of 'em

Have you also spent some time absorbing the collective wisdom at FlashlightReviews and LEDMuseum? Highly recommended.

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Not2bright, you re right. I should have scroll down and read careful :ohgeez: two different M6 Leds and easily got confused. Thanks

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pm6 3w is great. It throws mike a monster, and has rock-solid regulation.

-David

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
AmondoTech just posted some incredible specials for these lights in the dealer forum. I have had good experiences in my dealings with them.

I have a question for those of you that own both. I recently purchased an OD Gladius and gave my Black one to my wife to carry in her purse.
My daughters purses are smaller and they would like "littler" Gladius's for their purses or something simpler and cheaper to carry around if it is similar in size to a Gadius in case it gets lost.

How would the Pentagon L2 or Pelican M6 fit their requirements?
If Those of you who already own them think they will meet my daughters requirements, I may get one or the other from AmondoTech myself and see what they think about it.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Last edited: