Dorcy super 1 watt headlamp

georgino

Newly Enlightened
hello guys, anyone seen the dorcy 1 watt luxeon headlamp(3aaa) at Lowe's? I'm curious how it performs any comments about it? it costs about $19.00, probably not as good as PT EOS, but it can be tilted up or down. Probably not waterproof, but for $19.00, looks like maybe a decent luxeon throw

JimM

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious too...I was looking at the Dorcy and Rayovac headlamps at Lowe's today. I have a PT Aurora, but would prefer more output.
Jim

TurboI

Newly Enlightened
I have had one of the Dorcy 1 watt headlamps for a couple of months now. I bought it to help me do some work in an old warehouse that had the lights removed from the majority of the rooms, and it worked so well that I did not need to use my Craftsman 19.2v flourescent worklight. It works great, and I would recommend it. It is nice and bright, well worth the 20 bucks. Another plus is that it uses standard size batteries.

The downside, which I noticed today, is that the LED is direct wired, not regulated or anything, so it will get dim as the battery life diminishes, but of course, the light will still be white.

JimM

Newly Enlightened
How long did it run before you noticed the light dimming?
Jim

Warhoggie

Enlightened
I used the Dorcy for at least 1.5 hours before I noticed the dimming. The beam is a little too narrow for me. Noticed artifacts / rings, but hey, it's a great little light for the money. :)

TurboI

Newly Enlightened
I would agree with the 1.5 hour runtime estimate. Yesterday, it did not seem as bright as my newer 1 watt flashlight from Lowe's, but still plenty bright enough to do what I had to do...