Best Multi-Luxeon III Torch

Luminous

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to buy a multi-luxeon III torch. I would like something with 3-4 luxeon III, 2-3 C or D mag size, regulated with variable power level output (3 levels or more).
Does anybody know about such product or simple conversion?
I had in mind a Barbolight but it does not have any regulation or variable output.
Has anybody modified a Barbo to be regulated and variable?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Good thing you like the maglite formfactor because that's about all you're going to find!

As far as production multi-Luxeon lights go... Elektrolumens has a number of modified maglites. Nuwai had 3x Luxeon I & 3x Luxeon III models at one point - not sure if they're still being made. InReTech has some drop-in mods, but those are spendy. There are also a number of modders on this forum that could build one to your requirements.

The Barbolight U-09 is intended to be simple and reliable - that's why it's direct-drive.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use NiMH like the barbolight does, you dno't really need regulation. My mag mod is same brightness I can't tell a difference until right before the batts need charge.

Sounds like you need a mag mod with a PTS/PQS and one of www.taskled.com's drivers. If you go with 3 cells NiMH get luxeons with a K vF and Direct Drive them, then use the direct drive controler to chagne the brightness..