Fenix L1P 2.5 output range

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been testing 7 L1Ps and have found that there seems to be a range of 350fc to a high of 600fc though the high seems to drop quickly. 3 settle in around 500-550, 3 come in about 400-450 the last never hits 400.

One thing that I thought was odd was the hole in the pattern up close. The brighter lights seem to have smaller or non existent holes. Maybe this means the focus point is not consistent when they are built.

fenixtestsmall8vc.jpg

fenixtest6small1xe.jpg

My camera is automatic so I couldn't get the detail I wanted. Hopefully you can still see the differences.

Any ideas or comments?

-LT

L

LITEmania

first guess is New slug vs old slug emitters ?

second guess is off-centered die of LE ?

:popcorn:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... I have an L1P 2.5 and an L1 2.0. The hole on the 2.5 is much larger from a given distance while the hole on the 2.0 can't be seen past about 1.5". And the L1P is definately brighter. Of course, the reflector supposedly changed between 2.0 and 2.5.

glire

Enlightened
I just checked my L1P. At 15cm and above, no hole is visible. Below 9cm it's obvious.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the picture the ones on the left are the brightest. Interesting is that they are also the tightest pattern.

I thought that the new LEDs use a shorter die so I'd expect the hole to be less apparent. Usually when I move the LED higher in the reflector I get a hole. So you think that the left hand group have the newer LED?

-LT