New member.. and I hate you all.. (kidding..well.. no.. i'm not.)

Blueblur

Newly Enlightened
Hello;
<*tongue firmly in cheek*>:huh:
I'm a new member.. I was.. was!.. someone that liked flashlights but apparently, I'm a flashaholic....
A 'flashaholic'!?!
Before joining this forum .. I didn't know what that meant...
I like flashlights.. I have a few of them..
lesse.. hmm...
I have 2 - 3D mags...
one modded with a luxeon ministar2 bulb... one stock...
I have 3 or more mini mags...
2 modded with lux 1 LEDs.
I have a few more... weird ones.. 3AA quad led thing...
an Inova 5 LED lookalike

I have to say..
You are all enablers!!...

This is some of the stuff that I have read in the forums:

<Poster1> Guess what I just bought!.. a super micro 1 cr123 xx2 with adamantium reflector that puts out 278 lumens!!..

<Poster2> Excellent buy!.. next time you may want to look into a 1/2 cr2 3T with sapphire bezel that is adjustable from 115 lumens to 300..
it has excellent throw...

<Poster3> Bah! that's nothing I have a 4t with a double reverse reflector running at 1.3amps that's powered by button cells!... 923 lumens baby!..yeh... i built it myself. I can start a campfire with it.. even if the wood is wet!

<Poster4> Hey.. that's great. Mine is a hybrid.. It's a project that i've been working on for some time... after 36 hours on the watch battery... it switches over to the 2-stroke diesel engine for another 48 hours. I am having some trouble getting to the 1500 lumen goal... but i'm close.. 1344 on the watch..... 1455 on the engine.

<Poster5> Excellent!.. I have a 2 inch butane powered 5W led.. that's only getting 440 lumens.. Does anyone have a butane/jet fuel converter laying around that I can use?

I want them all..
I can't use them all.... but I want them all..
I can't afford them all.... but I must have them all....

<*sob*>
I want another flashlight... 'Is that bad??'

I said it before.. I hate you all...

I'm Rob.. and I'm a flashaholic...

Now show me another flashlight.. that I may covet... :ohgeez:
Or show me where I can order one... on that thar intarweb..

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't "use them all" only because you haven't acquired the requisite set of activities which will "use them all". To correct this, you have to start developing an immediate interest in:

- night time hiking, running, jogging, biking, nature studies, fishing, hunting, frogging, boating, skiing, surfing, flying or just driving with your headlights off and a flashlight out the window to have practice "just in case"
- get a dog and start walking it at night
- get other animals and walk them at night
- astronomy
- practicing for blackouts
- camping, caving, scuba diving, skin diving, skinnydipping
- technology (LEDs and their applications)
- engineering (what would happen if I improved this light)
- safety (I can see my footing better with more lighting, even if it is 1 PM..)
- incident preparation (need an extra light stored here in case a stranger happens to and want to count his change during a blackout)
- emergency preparation (enough said)
- friends (who have to be helped to prepare for all of the above)
- children, relatives, ex-wives (unless this is how they became ex's) - see friends above
- colleaues (ditto)
- strangers (hey fella, I noticed you were bent over like you were looking for something in this poor lighting..)
- fellow flashaholic spotting. You look around for someone with a flashlight visible and worry about what you'll have on you to avoid looking under-illuminated. I saw someone with a Surefire Beast being stopped by security at the airport, and all I had was my Dorcy 1AAA - but it was modded.. But if you see someone with a plain MM, then you'll have something to show THEM, unless of course it's a stealth mod...
- neatness (this only counts if you have a significant other) - honey, I want to get a (big) storage case so I can organize all my stuff lying around. Include lots of space for future lights.

Come to think of it, the above only apply if you do have a significant other. Otherwise, it's just between you and your credit card company.

Enjoy, welcome, and hold onto your wallet.