Holiday LED Specials

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
Boscov's

Super-Bright 20-LED Pivot Power Lantern $9.97 Reg. $74.99. #83127

This was in todays Sunday paper in the Boscov's flyer. I'm sure its an inflated regular price but for $10 looks like it would be worth checking out. Not sure what type of batteries it uses.

With Black Friday and Christmas right around the corner I'm sure there will be several other sales going on. If anyone runs accross any holiday sales post them in this thread so it will be handy to watch.

GeoScouter

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any pics or more info about this lantern? (adjustable brightness, types of batt, water resistance, size etc?)
At this price it's tempting to just try it out if someone will ship one internationally :D

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
Any pics or more info about this lantern?

I went out today and pickup one up. I took it back already. It wasn't very bright. It takes 3 D batteries and has two modes on it. Low setting used 10 LED's and the high used the 20 LED's. Nothing on the box or manual about expected life. It even has a jack to use a AC adapter? If the power is out what good is the AC adapter going to do? Here is link to the picture of it on a web site.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1532401

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It says $15.99, and that's a lamp, not a lantern! :D
Guess its meant to be used as a desk lamp, and thus the AC adapter :)

flashlite

Enlightened
My experience with Innovage isn't very good. I received a 12 LED lantern from Boscov's for Christmas last year. It think it was $9.99 and it had a dimmer switch. After very little use, the LED's slowly started to die out one by one. I took it apart and the LED were getting very hot.

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
Looking thru the paper this morning I see three LED lights on sale for Black Friday. I think I will check out Sears and Gander Mountain.

Sears
Craftsman Endurable 5-LED light #93668 $9.99 Reg $19.99

Info on light at
http://www.searsmedia.com/mediatools/presskits/craftsmanauto/releases/pdf/Endurable_LED_Tool_Light.pdf

and

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=03493668000

Kmart
Stanley tripod LED light $19.99

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=124912&N=0&Nty=1&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntt=stanley%20tripod%20led

Gander Mountain
Coast Cutlery V2 Tac Torch Camo 1 Watt LED light $19.99 Reg $59.99

http://gandermountain.shoplocal.com/gandermountain/default.aspx?action=search&storeid=2401002&searchtext=coast+cutlery

If anyone sees anymore specials please post them.

GeoScouter

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
I've got the Sears Endurable 5 LED lights in my emergency bag. They're OK as backup lights, where extended runtime is a priority over brightness and throw. They can't tail stand, which in my opinion is a minus. The light is reasonably durable, and has survived a test immersion in my bathroom sink.

First click turns on the central 5mm white LED. There is actually a small convex lens-within-a-lens on the front of the light, to magnify the beam. The second click turns on 4 peripheral LEDs for a flood. The third click turns on all of the LEDs.

It's not the brightest light, and doesn't throw well at all. Think of it as a discount version of the Inova X5T that uses 4AA batteries, and you'll be happy with it.

There is a version of this light that has a Luxeon as the central emitter, and the 4 peripheral 5mm LEDs.

The Coast light in camo looks nice, but IIRC the water resistance is questionable.

BTW, Maglites are going to be on sale at Lowe's for $9.97.

*gaaakkkk* My wife pointed out the Cyclops Xenon 2xCR123 light is "on sale" at Bass Pro for $39.99, with 3 colored filters (red, green, blue), a sheath, and 4 Duracell CR123 batteries. (You can get 2 in a blister pack at Sam's Club for ($21.44, although you don't get the filters or sheath, and it comes with only 2 "Cyclops" CR123s.)

Last edited:

AtomicX

Newly Enlightened
Thant's STRANGE , I bought the same two pack of Cyclops at Sams and it came with two lights , two batteries for each light. Maybe someone had popped it open at the store and took 2 ? :mad: Or maybe it was a different pack and since they have changed the blister pack :huh2: Anyhow, those interested dshould check their local clubs stock to see... just an FYI. By the way, nice two pack of decent lights for less than 11 dollars each, great for EDC beaters. Cheers !! **AtomicX**

PJ

Enlightened
Sears has the 3 D-cell Endurable for $24.99 until Dec. 3.
Here is a link to it.
Craftsman 3D Luxeon
I haven't seen any reviews on this one yet but the 3AAA Luxeon was a pleasant surprise for 13 bucks.

Added 12-1-05

I bought a 3D Craftsman and was pretty disappointed. The stainless barrel has a plastic liner in it so it is thicker than a Mag D cell. The reflector around the LED is stepped, with about 1" of actual reflector focusing the light and the rest is almost flat. Throw is about the same as the 3AAA. The 2 stage switch is listed as good for 200/280 hours and I had a difficult time telling the difference in brightness levels. After about 10 minutes of runtime on it I packed it up and took it back.

Last edited: